Ubc Gold Suddenly Showing All Platinum Channels

PNGinBKK

Have been a subscriber to UBC for ore than 3 years, always taking the gold package.

Last night I noticed that I can now also view all the platinum channels (Star World Etc).

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a "We love you" Promotion or "Try it, you might like it and hoepfully forget to downgrade again" Promo?

Obviously the easy way to check would be to phone UBC, but you know what will happen there :

"Oh, sorry we made a mistake and upgraded you, we will downgrade you back to gold now"

Or (more likely!) : "Oh, sorry we made a mistake and upgraded you, there will be a THB 600 downgrade service fee, and we will have to charge you for the platinum service for one month as well"

They do on the odd occasion with random channels. I had channel 38 all last week. I must say the only one I miss is TCM, which of course we used to have on the in the general package years ago, till they discovered they could make more money with "packages"

This is probably a promotion for HM's birthday

Is there the BBC entertainment channel in platinum ?

No, they dropped BBC Entertainment some time ago, I suspect a number of people reduced their subscription for that reason.

I certainly did :)

I really enjoyed the BBC chanel...all us Brits have left is the ocassional Doc Martin and constant re-runs of the Midsommer Murders :D

If you don't count the BBC News Chanel

Maybe the bosses there feel so guilty and worried about ripping off their customers, they sometimes throw out a freebie in an effort to get some good karma.

:) You probably also believe in Santa Claus

Of course, I do.

(Nice to know that some can see the sarcasm.)

Maybe the bosses there feel so guilty and worried about ripping off their customers, they sometimes throw out a freebie in an effort to get some good karma.

:) You probably also believe in Santa Claus

Of course, I do.

(Nice to know that some can see the sarcasm.)

I downgraded when BBC Entertainment went and now watch TV only when the football is on. I download off thebox dot BZ and watch them through my DVD on a USB. All British programs a few hours from when they were on. Gavin and Stacey Series 3 (episode 1) and Spooks Series 8 (episode 5). Who needs TV when you have the Net. Even the Cricket is on. :D

The channel they replaced BBC E with is an absolute joke unless you like constant reruns of The X Files. Programmes like Estate of Panic are an affront to the intelligence. The dearth of almost anything British has left me sitting with the Silver package along with cable TV where I get most of the sport I like plus some entertainment.

True claim they do surveys to guage their veiwers preferences but I have been with them from the time they started broadcasting in Phuket & not once have I been asked for my opinion & until earlier this year I always had Gold & then Platinum when it started. I did voice my opinion to the customer serbice department when it was known they were going to replace BBC E & was told many many subscribers were annoyed about this change but of course it fell on deaf ears.

I did voice my opinion to the customer serbice department when it was known they were going to replace BBC E & was told many many subscribers were annoyed about this change but of course it fell on deaf ears.

And of course there were many letters to an English language newspaper in Bangkok, with no response from True managers.

Frankly I don't think I can possibly watch John Nettles and his "Jack Warner" style portrayal of English country life once more so the platinum package has been a welcome respite this weekend.

It is a shrewd move since I notice heavy advertising for a new National Geographic series on wildlife in Russia, commencing on Wednesday. I bet there are a few more series commencing late in the week, and would bank on the promotion ending before then. We are bound to be treated to promotional material for Christmas programmes available only on Platinum too.

I'm enjoying the movies...long live the King.

There were ads in Thai on the telly while I was waiting for a programme to come on last night so I wasn't paying much attention but I THINK the gist of it was that Platinum and Gold package will be combined and charged at 2,000 Baht a month and Silver and Knowledge combined and charged at 1,500 Baht a month.

Now I don't want to cause mass panic as I'm not absolutely sure so this post is really asking for confirmation or otherwise.

Has anyone else seen the ads with a Thai spoues that can verify the content?

Having had a taster of the additional channels on Platinum over Gold I won't be too happy to pay an additional 500 Baht for an additional 6 channels that I won't ever watch.

Having had a taster of the additional channels on Platinum over Gold I won't be too happy to pay an additional 500 Baht for an additional 6 channels that I won't ever watch.

Nor would I, that AXN Beyond is terrible beyond belief, IMHO.

For me it would depend which package had the football and F1.

Nor would I, that AXN Beyond is terrible beyond belief, IMHO.

For me it would depend which package had the football and F1.

AXN is an afront to any person with half a brain ,watching paint dry is a step forward.

since ist of december my silver package has been showing the the platinum package

i am not an expert but the way it usually works for upgrades or downgrades on packages would be for a signature on a copy of my passport at a truevisions shop etc which i havnt done for 4 months since i last downgraded from platinum to silver.

i have no idea on this latest game by true visions