What's The Best Way To Tackle Bungsamran

DavidAttenborough

Has any posters got the tel number for shadow lake need some directions.Tried to google it but am only getting guide websites.Thanks.

I am trying to get it for you but its hard. I can say its in the direction of putamon soi 2

I cant seem to find it on google earth for some reason. I know exactly where it is.

Has any posters got the tel number for shadow lake need some directions.Tried to google it but am only getting guide websites.Thanks.

I am trying to get it for you but its hard. I can say its in the direction of putamon soi 2

I cant seem to find it on google earth for some reason. I know exactly where it is.

I,ve got the location on google earth,got it of the John Tom website.Problem is there's no number and has I always get lost trying to find these places I like to have the number has a back up.

Just an update on my first days fishing at shadow lake.Never caught any of the carp I was targeting but managed to land a few catfish.Good to know my experiment with hair rigged artificial bread worked.It means I can confidently

leave my setup in the water longer,especially when carping.I wish someone could have warned me about the viscous mozzies that come out after dark and are able to bite through your clothing.Next time I'll be in a suit of armour.

Just an update on my first days fishing at shadow lake.Never caught any of the carp I was targeting but managed to land a few catfish.Good to know my experiment with hair rigged artificial bread worked.It means I can confidently

leave my setup in the water longer,especially when carping.I wish someone could have warned me about the viscous mozzies that come out after dark and are able to bite through your clothing.Next time I'll be in a suit of armour.

That is why i dont go there at night :P

• 2 weeks later...

I think you could "go it alone" if you have fished Borsang in CM. Very similar methods but at Berngsamran I used a grapefruit sized ball of rice bran under a float rather than bread crusts. Having said that I hired a guide and think it was worth it.

Where do you buy rice bran from?

There is no best way or bait to use to fish at Bungsamran. To target caho the boss of Bungsamran recommended to fish at common(central) platform nearest to restaurant or bungalow number one. I always use Bungsamran guide Mr Boonsong who for a small fee prepare "bait"-muang beans- for caho. The bait size is huge at least 6" diameter then cast no more than 10 feet. Then it's left for 45 mins with hope of catching caho. Lucky you catch 3 or 4 but often zero. My target is a 80kg but no luck so far.

One can catch mekongs at every spot at Bungsamran. Bait is just Lam + buttermilk. The lam is sold at 500 baht for 20kg.

For those who have their own rods it's reasonable to put in a lockers at Bungsamran. I paid 3000 baht for a year to store my tackles for convienience when I fished at IT lake monster or at Greenfield.

As for whether one needs a guide is debatable.I use guides working at Bungsamran. For caho I use Boonsong and for mekongs I use Wee. Reason is when one catch a 100kg plus its very difficult to bring up the fish as it will swim under and get tangle with wood support for bungalows/platform. Once Wee had to jump in 5 times to un tangle line and took 30 mins to bring up fish. The cost for guide 1000 baht.

Tackle used are Shimano 6500 baitrunner old models which are good. I have the new model Shimano baitrunner 4000,6000 and 8000. The only one usable is 8000 series. 4000 and 6000 are good for Phuket.

So what is best way,best bait,best spot is as long as one catch fish it's good. But what size?

post-110955-011943100 1281504049_thumb.j

post-110955-029663700 1281504150_thumb.j

post-110955-089667500 1281504377_thumb.j

post-110955-093745700 1281504453_thumb.j

post-110955-091203800 1281504629_thumb.j