Songkran On Khao San Road Generates Bt50m Revenues

george

Songkran on Khao San Road generates Bt50m revenues

BANGKOK: -- Songkran celebrations on Khao San Road, one of Bangkok's most famous tourist sites, came to an end late last night, with about Bt50 million revenues generated during the three-day joyous festivity.

The 'water throwing celebrations' on Khao San Road and surrounding areas, including Banglumphu, Chakrapong and Visuthikasat, ended with happiness of all sides--Songkran revellers, both Thais and foreign tourists, and traders in the areas, according to the head of a traders' association of Khao San Road, Piyabutr Jiwaramonayakul.

Mr. Piyabutr told TNA that around 300,000 Songkran revellers visited the areas during the traditional Thai New Year celebrations on 12-15 April, with nearly 100,000 each day, causing traffic congestion and water flooding in the areas.

He said, however, that traders in the areas were upbeat by the festivity, as it generated their revenues of up to about Bt50 million totally.

--TNA 2005-04-16

BANGKOK: --  Songkran celebrations on Khao San Road, one of Bangkok's most famous tourist sites, came to an end late last night, with about Bt50 million revenues generated during the three-day joyous festivity.

The 'water throwing celebrations' on Khao San Road and surrounding areas, including Banglumphu, Chakrapong and Visuthikasat, ended with happiness of all sides--Songkran revellers, both Thais and foreign tourists, and traders in the areas, according to the head of a traders' association of Khao San Road, Piyabutr Jiwaramonayakul.

Mr. Piyabutr told TNA that around 300,000 Songkran revellers visited the areas during the  traditional Thai New Year celebrations on 12-15 April, with nearly 100,000 each day, causing traffic congestion and water flooding in the areas.

He said, however, that traders in the areas were upbeat by the festivity, as it generated their revenues of up to about Bt50 million totally.

--TNA 2005-04-16

and who said backpackers are poor :o

and who said backpackers are poor :o

Nobody said they were poor, lets face it traveling xthousands of KM for their yearly bath is a little on the extravagant side of poor dont you think? I suspect 40 mill Baht of that was for the 5-10 baht water pistol top up they tried charging me last year when i accidently made the mistake of listening to someone who said it would be fun to go there. Most un Songkarn like in my opinion.

BANGKOK: --  Songkran celebrations on Khao San Road, one of Bangkok's most famous tourist sites, came to an end late last night, with about Bt50 million revenues generated during the three-day joyous festivity.

Mr. Piyabutr told TNA that around 300,000 Songkran revellers visited the areas during the  traditional Thai New Year celebrations on 12-15 April, with nearly 100,000 each day, causing traffic congestion and water flooding in the areas.

--TNA 2005-04-16

Wouldn`t it be nice if they contributed some of the wet pickings towards a fund to help the poor innocents who have been crippled and injured by this joyous occasion? :o

I think one mil euro for songran fest has nothing to do with songran fest. Even more, I think gross revenue declined during those days.

KS Road made that money on daily basis, no matter what do thais celebrate or not. It's just a trick to get some attention.

with all shops, bars, guest houses and hotels, travel agencies and silver shops, working almost 24/7 like a cash machines - truly some were closed, so the revenue did decline, insead of rise. right?

I think one mil euro for songran fest has nothing to do with songran fest. Even more, I think gross revenue declined during those days.

KS Road made that money on daily basis, no matter what do thais celebrate or not. It's just a trick to get some attention.

with all shops, bars, guest houses and hotels, travel agencies and silver shops, working almost 24/7 like a cash machines - truly some were closed, so the revenue did decline, insead of rise. right?

Maybe you should become the official spokesman of the traders instead of Mr Piyabutr who I am sure would welcome your indepth knowledge as to why he is wrong. :o

Maybe you should become the official spokesman of the traders instead of Mr Piyabutr who I am sure would welcome your indepth knowledge as to why he is wrong. :o

no, thank you, sir. just modest common sense, nothing special.

following the subject - how much were made by:

water authorities

plastic factories

baby powder factories

laundry shops

booze traders

etc?

Maybe you should become the official spokesman of the traders instead of Mr Piyabutr who I am sure would welcome your indepth knowledge as to why he is wrong. :D

no, thank you, sir. just modest common sense, nothing special.

following the subject - how much were made by:

water authorities

plastic factories

baby powder factories

laundry shops

booze traders

etc?

Well I don`t know about the other sources of business but you can bet your bottom dollar that the booze traders can`t wait to count their healthy profits. :o