19 Hurt As Phuket Bus Overturns In Rain

george

19 hurt as bus overturns in rain

TAH CHAT CHAI: -- Police are hunting for a the driver of a bus which overturned yesterday injuring 19 passengers.

It is thought the driver, named so far only as “Kittisak”, lost control of the Bangkok-bound bus as he tried to take a bend in the road near Baan Koh En, during heavy rain.

The Phuket Central Tour bus ended up upside down in a ditch. All 19 passengers on board were injured, though none seriously.

Pol Capt Seksun Komsakorn, of Tah Chat Chai Police Station, told the Gazette the accident happened at 5.45 pm, 45 minutes after the 36-seater vehicle left Phuket.

Capt Seksun said the passengers had sustained mainly minor injuries, such as cuts and bruises. They were taken first to Thalang Hospital, as it was the nearest to the accident scene, although many were later transferred to Wachira Phuket Hospital, Bangkok Phuket Hospital or Phuket International Hospital, as Phuket Central Tour has insurance.

Capt Seksun said, “The passengers told us there was no collision, just that the driver lost control in the rain.

“The driver was to blame, because he drove carelessly. We didn’t realise he had fled the scene because it was difficult to keep track of who was around, as other drivers were stopping to pick up the injured to take them to hospital, but he really should come forward as soon as possible.”

Staff at Phuket Central Tour declined to give the Gazette more information about the driver, or about liability or compensation for passengers.

--Phuket Gazette

Thats what happens when you get monkeys driving buses.

And there are loads of farang monkeys who like to come visit or even to live... :D

Dont be so blind to the country you live in (if you live here? :D ), this PC crap gets out of hand :o

If you cannot see Thai drivers (especially truck or bus) are terrible drivers(would not be able, to get a licence in my country), your either blind or stupid? :D

Edited by Tornado

Since I can read from the internet, I must be stupid only.

Not quite sure what you meant by "terrible drivers". Was Ayrton Senna a terrible driver?

I think if you pay them more money, they could drive better. Perhaps nearer to the standard of your country? :o:D

Not quite sure what you meant by "terrible drivers".  Was Ayrton Senna a terrible driver?

I think if you pay them more money, they could drive better.  Perhaps nearer to the standard of your country? :o  :D

Was Ayrton Senna thai then? :D

Money has nothing to do with it.

Not quite sure what you meant by "terrible drivers".  Was Ayrton Senna a terrible driver?

I think if you pay them more money, they could drive better.  Perhaps nearer to the standard of your country? :D  :D

I have found there to be some good Thai drivers. i.e. driving at sensible speeds and not too close to the vehicle in front, who take into consideration weather conditions, volume of traffic etc etc.

But I must say that I have encountered more Thai drivers who I can only class as dangerous and they take ridiculous chances at high speed with no thoughts for themselves, passengers or pedestrians.....Just try crossing Second road.

Maybe a more in depth driving test is required and a better education about awareness of others on the road.

I know that there are also bad farang drivers, but on the whole the Thai drivers seem to have a selfish attitude and the piece of metal that they are driving seems in their minds to make them king of the road and infallible.

Now don`t get me talking about motorcycle drivers...because that`s a whole new bag of worms. :o

I think if you pay them more money, they could drive better.  Perhaps nearer to the standard of your country? :D  :D

heres one example :D

BANGKOK, Apr 17 (TNA) – Nearly five hundred people have died on Thailand’s roads over the Songkran festival.

There were more than eleven thousand reported road accidents during the period 8-16 April, the Interior Ministry’s Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department announced on Sunday.

481 people were killed and 14,039 injured in road accidents during Songkran. This is 124 people less than last year, a fall of more than twenty percent.

Most of the dead were under 15, the department said.

The number of injuries also fell compared to last year, by more than twenty-one thousand, a reduction of nearly sixty percent.

On 16 April alone, there were 1,076 traffic accidents reported, in which 44 people died and 1,221 were injured.

Most of the accidents were the result of motorcyclists driving without wearing helmets,drunk driving and

driving over the speed limit.

Police action has been taken against more than forty thousand drivers who broke the traffic laws during the holiday period.

:o

I got both licences for car and motorcycle a few weeks ago. The road test (in a parking lot) is easy enough for a blind one legged deaf man to pass.

It explained a lot when I saw terrible drivers being allowed a licence.

A car almost crashed into ours in front of that place as well. :o Just another idiot trying to beat us to the next red traffic light.

Thailand could improve road safety with more police driving around and stopping drivers commiting driving infractions ON THE SPOT! Standing on the sidewalk for hours is useless (but good for their wallets :D ).

Here's a funny? story.

Me and the missus got back from LOS at the end of last month.

We always talk about the standard of driving. She is Thai and doesn't understand why am always complaining about how crazy alot of the drivers are.

Anyway, you just know that you are going to see another accident when you hit some heavy rain. The windscreen mists up until the aircon can clear it and the roads become as slippery as ######.

Why don't most Thais slow up and play safe?

Anyway, we were on our way to Cha am for a day on the beach when we hit a real heavy storm. Mum and Dad were in the back and I slowed down being my cautious self. traffic was heavy and this nutter in a pickup came flying past weaving in and out of the traffic.

I remarked, 'He's going to die'.

It went quiet in the car and wifeys mum said something in Thai.

Wifey said, 'My mum ask you not to talk like that'.

She is very superstitious.

A mile up the road we see the pickup upside down in a ditch with the guy half in half out of the cab.

It went quiet for a while before my wife said, 'How you know?'

'I can see the future' I replied.

Now her mum thinks I'm a fortune teller!!!!

Read anyones palm for 500 Bht?

BANGKOK, Apr 17 (TNA) –

Most of the accidents were the result of motorcyclists driving without wearing helmets,drunk driving and

driving over the speed limit.

Now how could driving without a helmet result in an accident? A greater chance of injury yes, an accident no.

Thai logic. :o