Best Tattoo Shop In Bangkok

birago23

Hi!

I am looking for a real professional tatoo artist in Bangkok. One who does not just copy a stupid design onto your body hoping to finish the job before lunchtime.

I am still searching for a good artist with creative ideas. No problem for paying more as it is a good investment for life!

thanks!

CHeck out Jimmy Wongs tattoo shop on Soi 5 on same side of street as Foodland and about 50-100 meters beyond it.

I dont know anything about tats, but my son who is a professioanl tattooist told me about Jimmy Wong. I think Jimmy's sister has a tattoo shop in the same building.

had one done at the second floor of the Lido Building... it s fine indeed but the price is not cheap either.....but it s worthwhile, no doubt about it.....mine ink is still dark as <removed>... the guy is called Lek New York.. he was in the big apple for a while.. i guess and his wfe is not bad at tattoing either.... :o

My g/f had hers done at Jeab tattoo in Sukh soi 10 before Chuwit's thugs trashed the place. I didn't know her then, but knew Jeab. Only several months after we were together did I find out that she got it done by him. The last I knew, he had a shop opposite Sukh soi 10, in the square in front of the Ambassador hotel.

drag7wi.jpg

• 3 years later...

I've had three done by Jaeb, two were done about 5/6 years ago when he was in the Soi 10 plaza - I'm still very happy with those.

I had another done by him in January this year at his new shop on Soi 8. It's an absolute abomination, the colour is fading already and the price I paid for it was extortionate (think he charged 2,000 baht - it's only very small, took him 30 minutes tops)

Contrast that with a large one I had done in Pattaya in February this year - 4 hours to complete - cost 3,500 baht - still looks fantastic.

I've had three done by Jaeb, two were done about 5/6 years ago when he was in the Soi 10 plaza - I'm still very happy with those.

I had another done by him in January this year at his new shop on Soi 8. It's an absolute abomination, the colour is fading already and the price I paid for it was extortionate (think he charged 2,000 baht - it's only very small, took him 30 minutes tops)

Contrast that with a large one I had done in Pattaya in February this year - 4 hours to complete - cost 3,500 baht - still looks fantastic.

The ink they use is very important , one of the better inks , ( expensive ) is called Mickey Sharpe , my friend who has a few shops overseas tells me the cheap ink is just that cheap in and the colour will not last ,I just can,t find a good artist here in Bangkok that i like

Where did you get it done in Pattaya?

Cheers

It was on the second road, opposite side of the road from the Marriott, roughly opposite a 7-11 shop. There's a lot of tattoo places in that area, the guy who did it has a ponytail and glasses.

Where did you get it done in Pattaya?

Cheers

It was on the second road, opposite side of the road from the Marriott, roughly opposite a 7-11 shop. There's a lot of tattoo places in that area, the guy who did it has a ponytail and glasses.

Sorry should have also mentioned it was in the general area of the Marriott - between 100 and 200 metres in the direction of walking street

Hi!

I am looking for a real professional tatoo artist in Bangkok. One who does not just copy a stupid design onto your body hoping to finish the job before lunchtime.

I am still searching for a good artist with creative ideas. No problem for paying more as it is a good investment for life!

thanks!

I think Browns in Preston do a really good transfers book, only 30p some lovely designs,,,,perhaps not :o

It is not just the ink that makes the tattoo last, though it is important to have good ink. The needle needs to go deep to get the best lasting results. The downside is that it hurts alot more. But the pain goes and the design remains. I have a tattoo that was done 15 years ago and the lines are still sharp and the colours vibrant. But that was done with american inks by a good artist and she went deep!!!

Diamond Tattoo in Seacon has good ink and he knows what is needed to keep the design.

• 4 months later...
Hi!

thanks!

my bro is a tattoo artist in the states.

he says of great importance is the ability to get ink at the right depth as well as creating good line quality. he also stresses the avoidance of cheap ink as others have stated on this thread.

some tattoo artists have freestyle illustration ability, meaning they are guys/girls who can actually draw well and are generally creative.

my brother is an excellent tattooist even though he couldn't draw an interesting picture to save his life. he himself does more of the stock designs from flash but his attention to detail, perfect line widths and depth of needle is way above par.

i am also looking for quality in bkk, but fear i might have to await my next trip to the states to get some ink done.

• 2 years later...

I just got a big tattoo of wings i designed done on my chest at 'Bangkok tattoo'. Fantastic job by Jeans a very classy woman. Her technics are excellent and the result is fantastic. Nearly six hours for 8000bht (less than 200 EUR).

The parlor is very clean and safe in the Thai craft market area on the 3rd floor of the Amarine Plaza (BTS Sky train station Sit Lom).

I'm so happy to find this tattoo artist that i really want to talk about her as I was struggling a bit to find info online.

You can contact her at +66 (0) 89 815 1077

wwwbangkoktattoo.net

post-132258-0-35358600-1305872874_thumb.

Edited by thaiphoon
e-mail addresses removed to avoid spam. Details on website.

• 2 months later...