1 Yr Multiple Entry

my friend is intending to get a 1 yr multi entry visa next week.from liverpool uk.

he is under the impression that he can do a quick visa run from pattaya to cambodia and get a 90 day stamp. :o

i thought 90 day stamps can only be obtained from a thai consulate,which would probably involve a flight out for a couple of days.

can anyone give an answer and who is correct.

thanx guys an gals great site :D

If he is applying for a Non Immigrant O multi entry he will get 90 day stay upon arrival and need to exit every 90 days (by exit i mean step over a border and straight back in for another 90 days stay. Close to 15 month stay is possible with this type of visa.

If it is a "multiple" tourist visa (which i doubt) he will recieve a 60 day stay upon landing which can be extended at local immigration within Thailand by 30 days (fee 1900 baht)....then its out and straight back in for another 60 days stay etc..........if it is a tourist it would be for good for 2,3 or 4 entries rather than multiple entry.Also said visa has only 6 month validity from date of issue.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Your friend is correct. Consulates provide visas, not stamps. Immigration provides stamps and for a non immigrant visa it will be 90 days.

Now if he thinks it is going to happen on a tourist visa he is not right (60 days) - but you still don't get the prize. :o

Your friend is correct.  Consulates provide visas, not stamps.  Immigration provides stamps and for a non immigrant visa it will be 90 days.

Now if he thinks it is going to happen on a tourist visa he is not right (60 days) - but you still don't get the prize. :D

thanx guys,no prize for me but a happy mate,fair trade :o:D

Just to say that I applied for a multiple entry non Immigrant Visa in person at Hull earlier this week. From handing over my passport, completed application form, photo and guarantee letter, it took a whole 15 minutes (if that) for me to get my passport back with the visa in it.

Flights booked and all I need to do now is to find somewhere to stay :o

Alan

Just to say that I applied for a multiple entry non Immigrant Visa in person at Hull earlier this week. From handing over my passport, completed application form, photo and guarantee letter, it took a whole 15 minutes (if that) for me to get my passport back with the visa in it.

Flights booked and all I need to do now is to find somewhere to stay  :o

Alan

You should have no trouble getting a room now.

Look in the forum and you will find some recommendations.

Do not be afraid to check in one hotel for 2-3 nights and then

look around for something more suitable.