What's Going On With Iamkohchang

ThaiPauly

Dont worry, you're not missing much :-)

The site went down after it was hacked in late September, by some Russians apparently. After a little battle between an IT guy who helped me out and the hackers the site was back again in mid-October.

After that there were some problems with people getting '500' server errors on the site. No idea why and the hosting company cant find the cause either. Not sure how many people this affects - but I still get plenty of emails every day so some people can see it.

I have tried several things to fix it that have been suggested by a techie guy I know and also the tech support at the hosting company but there are still some people seeing the error.

But the site is up & running - I am looking at it now and still add stuff to it regularly.

If I could replicate the 500 error myself, then I could log into the Cpanel, see the error log and identify what was causing the problem, talk to the hosting guys and then find a way to fix it. But I have never been able to do this as I have never got the error message.

It's strange because some people get the error at home but can see the site fine at work, others can see it OK in Explorer but not in Firefox (or vice-versa).

Try clearing your browser cache, as you may be seeing a very old stored page or use a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

Edited by Changian

I'm not sure that it's bad. Most of the guys at webmasterworld recommend using the www. If you have been using that redirect for a long time it probably doesn't matter .. and best to leave it.

Having it one way or the other is probably better idea than not making either choice.

Edit: The reason I brought it up was because of the errors some of your users are getting. But before you decide to change it, talk to someone smarter than me. If you go over to webmasterworld and post this in the Apache forum, you will likely get some very good answers.

Edited by klikster