Tourist Visa, What Happens If Application Denied

i have been in thailand for the past 10 months on back to back tourist visas and never got any questions. now i am in hong kong trying to get a new visa (i submitted my application today and pick it up tomorrow) and for the first time got asked what i was doing in thailand and how i supported myself. i told them i am staying in thailand on pleasure, without working as i have enough money overseas that i transfer to thailand every month but i plan on getting married within the next 4-5 months (the truth, by the way) and would then get the proper marriage visa. she didnt ask anything further and gave me the receipt for my application.

i'm worried if i go pick up my passport tomorrow, is it possible i wont have a visa in it? what happens if i dont get a visa? can i still go to thailand on a 30 day stamp? i guess i would then need a flight ticket out of thailand (which i dont have right now). reason i'm asking is because i go pick up my visa (hopefully) tomorrow noon and my flight leaves 3 hours later. not a lot of room for playing with time.

thanks for any help you can give! :o

This is one of the problems with back to back tourist visas they are not designed for long stay in the Kingdom. The granting of any visa or extension is always at the discretion of the Immigration Officer involved.

You would of been better applying down in Penang they are a bit more "user" friendly.

If you do get turned down tommorow (which i doubt, i think they would of told you or you might told its your last one) you/ll have to get to the airport early and if you are not allowed to check-in then buy an onward ticket from someone like Jetstarasia or Airasia to take you out of Thailand within the following 30 days.

If you get the tourist visa and its a single entry it may be worth considering in bringing your marriage plans forward a month.....ie extend the 60 day stamp by 30 days within Thailand ,marry and then plan a trip to Penang for your Non Imm O based on marriage then extend it by a year from there.

I suspect you will get the visa. If not you may or may not be allowed to check in but if not and you can obtain a onward ticket to Singapore or such at the airport you will probably be allowed to fly to Bangkok. Hong Kong has never been noted as a good place to use for multi visa issues.

You do know there will be requirements to meet if you want to stay here after marriage - the act itself does not allow you to live here. But if you really have the funds to bring in each month over the 40k level it should be doable.

I have been on tourist Visas since Jan 2000.

I do go home to the Uk sometimes for about 3 months total a year.Never had any problems although I never enjoy the 'Visa Runs'.

I think you will be fine. I just think sometimes the officials ask a few questions. I t just means they are doing their job, but, if you're doing nothing wrong then they should really let you back in.

I am currently thinking about getting a different Visa..Multiple Entry but I'm not sure after 5 years of T Visas how or what I need to prove to get one.I generate my own money from my house in the UK and a few investments.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have been on tourist Visas since Jan 2000.

I do go home to the Uk sometimes for about 3 months total a year.Never had any problems although I never enjoy the 'Visa Runs'.

I think you will be fine. I just think sometimes the officials ask a few questions. I t just means they are doing their job, but, if you're doing nothing wrong then they should really let you back in.

I am currently thinking about getting a different Visa..Multiple Entry but I'm not sure after 5 years of T Visas how or what I need to prove to get one.I generate my own money from my house in the UK and a few investments.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You/ll need to go back to the UK...........apply to Hull Royal Thai Consulate for a Non Immigrant O Multiple Entry on the grounds of visiting family and friends this will give you almost a 15 months in Thailand with "border runs" every 90 days.

If you google the Consulate website it will give you all the info.........you/ll need a letter from somebody in the UK guaranteeing to repatriate you should you run out of funds, its all explained on the site.

Ive assumed your under 50 and not married to a Thai National in the above. One other option is a 3 million baht investment in Thailand......but maybe the above is better?

Thanks Thaiflyer,

I have been told about Hull before. I always send my visa apps. to Edinburgh. Iused to go to London, Kinsgate personally but it was a real effort.Then, after about 2 years, on eguy asked me a lot of questions. At that time I had my first TG and thought I wouldn't get back in.

I have been told about saying I am 'visiting family'. What family exactly does this mean? I don't get it. if you're not married what family would you visit for 1 year?

I just want to be 'clued up; before I go and fill the forms in.

Cheers,