Evening 'entertainment' In Cr

A friend of mine is heading to Chiang Rai next week for a few days and was wondering about the places to head for entertainment of the female variety, also places to avoid if any. I've been there myself a couple of times and it seemed a bit on the quiet side. Any recommendations for a single man heading to you town?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do not visit Chiang Rai if that is what your friend wants. He can get that sort of "entertainment" else where. Chiang Rai is a nice town - not a sleasy town.

If you could recommend a nice Christian church, that would be fine too. :) You do live in Chiang Rai, right?

BTW ~ Sleazy

Fortunately Chiang Rai isn't a popular destination for sex tourists and it would be nice if it stayed that way. The more sex tourists that come here will increase the amount of sex workers and it will then, slowly but surely, become like many other sleaZy places that can be found in Thailand. Why can't he come here and enjoy Chiang Rai as it is without having to pay for a girls company while he's here?

So is this guy a sex tourist or a missionary? Sorry - about the spelling error. English is not my "Native" language...

There are other places where your friend can get his "entertainment" Pattaya, Soi Nana, Patpong, Hat Yai are just some of these places.

Oh and by the way, Chiang Rai used to have one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in the country. You might want to tell your "friend" about that as well.

Please do not visit Chiang Rai if that is what your friend wants. He can get that sort of "entertainment" else where. Chiang Rai is a nice town - not a sleasy town.

If you could recommend a nice Christian church, that would be fine too. :) You do live in Chiang Rai, right?

BTW ~ Sleazy

Fortunately Chiang Rai isn't a popular destination for sex tourists and it would be nice if it stayed that way. The more sex tourists that come here will increase the amount of sex workers and it will then, slowly but surely, become like many other sleaZy places that can be found in Thailand. Why can't he come here and enjoy Chiang Rai as it is without having to pay for a girls company while he's here?

When did I say he was a sex tourist? Like many single people in the world, seeking company of the opposite sex is still considered normal behaviour, I think you guys are a little paranoid not to mention unrealistic. If you want to stay at home in quiet Chiang Rai, go ahead. I think I'll join my friend there and see what we can see, Cheers. :)

So is this guy a sex tourist or a missionary? Sorry - about the spelling error. English is not my "Native" language...

There are other places where your friend can get his "entertainment" Pattaya, Soi Nana, Patpong, Hat Yai are just some of these places.

Oh and by the way, Chiang Rai used to have one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in the country. You might want to tell your "friend" about that as well.

BTW ~ Sleazy

How can so many people have HIV if there is no nonsense in your town and I presume and no prostitutes? :D A bit confusing.

Did the OP ask about places with sex workers? Can't believe you guys in CR think in such a sleazy way :)

The OP just asked for places with female entertainment.

If he wants bars with girls to sit and chat with, then head down Chet Yot Road (a turning off the clock tower roundabout). If he wants female companions karaoke style, then go to the Wiang Inn Hotel (he may be able to get a special massage there, too) or one of the karaoke joints along Phaholyothin Road. If he wants to meet some of the nice young locals, then he could check out one of the many local night spots - Sperm, Par Club, The Womb or Where Else. If he's not a conversationalist, then tell him to ask a tuk-tuk driver for some action.

Have fun!

Like all provinces, Chiang Rai has its share of commercial sex workers. They in turn infect others. The men infect their wives. Young men visit commercial sex works and they get infected. They sleep with their girl friend and they get infected. Haven't you learned how STDs are transmitted? Oh BTW, HIV is not a disease of gay people only or IV drug users. It is a disease that affects everyone.

So if your friend is not a sex tourist then you and your friend have nothing to worry about. Unless.... you did things in the past that you might regret having done.

How can so many people have HIV if there is no nonsense in your town and I presume and no prostitutes? :) A bit confusing.

Perhaps toybits needs a new monicker. Maybe seriousbits or righteousbits or bitterbits. That "toy" part always gets me thinking dirty.

We can't control what others do, so to each their own. I survived over twenty years of being a very bad boy, so it can be done safely. Twelve years of being faithful has also been good, just different.

Enjoy your visit to Chiang Rai whatever you end up doing.

Maybe the OP's friend can bring a young lady from another part of Thailand to enjoy the delights of our province with him as guide and translator.

Like most of rural Thailand female company is available in the clubs and karaoke bars for those that wish to seek it. Down around the old airport area seems to have a number of small establishments decorated with strings of coloured lights. These could well sell fish or vegetables but my good lady wife doesn't allow me to make a closer inspection of them to find out.

It's pretty safe most places, but place not temptation in the path of the unGodly by wandering around drunk in the small hours of the morning or leaving cash and valuables lying around while entertaining guests.

Edit: A quick look at our interactive map will reveal a number of places to the south east of the main town indicated by wine glasses, where I assume drinks are available. :)

Edited by sceadugenga

Chiang Rai is quiet for the people that wants it to be quiet. There are a few venues that do offer both food, music and foxy entertainment in various areas and directions around town. But, it's not a party town which I'm glad for because that would mean a sudden drop in the average age (95+ at the moment) and add too many young British school teachers looking for soul searching, spirit guidance and creating havoc to what little they can contribute to in school.

Now, for anyone that is at least normally gifted would go on google and search for what they like and if they put in "girls, sex, party, thailand" - Chiang Rai won't show, but loads of other places will!

Edited by goski