BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sk1max

Evening 'entertainment' In Cr

Of course! Cities grow and other sectors grow with it as well. However, there are cities like Pattaya where the sex industry is disproportionately large. There are cities like Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or Macau where gambling is the main attrraction. As Chiang Rai grows, I just wish that the sex industry does not overwhelm the pleasant nature of this fine city.

pps...I also hope to enjoy Chiang Rai for 30+ years and I'm certain it will remain wondrous and amazing for me too, but I hope Chiang Rai does not change too much in that time and the 'entertainment' industry does not grow as much as you guys would like.

I don't recall anyone mentioning the growth of the industry, as much as us guys would like----???? Cities grow, and all industries grow with it. Fact.

I'm sure it wont toybits, there's too much alternative work available for young women.

The greatest threat to the prostitution industry in Thailand are the customers who marry the bargirls. Not only does it effectively remove that woman from the industry it gives her future generations financial security.

The do-gooders may talk a lot about the awful effects of prostitution but do little to help end it.

It's the elderly punter who deserves all the credit here. :)

Edited by sceadugenga

The do-gooders may talk a lot about the awful effects of prostitution but do little to help end it.

It's the elderly punter who deserves all the credit here. :D

That's what I also miss.

Does anybody of us prevent the person (where the sausage is attached to) to do anything to improve things?

Maybe finally, after I don't know how many postings with accusations, he can give us an idea about his plans.

I am absolutely sure he might get some support.

But so far he silently went on teaching kids his English...

Some of the parents might not like the way he is presenting himself.

So, big hero, tell us what you actually are up to.

Just offering us hollow phrases?

You are suggesting to have seen me with young girls on my lap.

If you want I could show show pictures here of you ...

You want?

Limbo :)

Oh! Now I get it. You believe that the elderly punter are doing good by taking these girls out of their misery and that they allow the girls to have a better future - financially.

How many threads have I read about farangs complaining about being scammed, or cheated upon by their tilak who call their male partners - nah ling (monkey face)?

I also have my doubts about do-gooders - especially those faith-based types like IJM. Because I believe they really do not solve the problem. If they want these women to stay away from the red light district, they must go to the root of the problem - which is poverty and lack of opportunity.

Some of the women say they were abused by their husbands and had to run away. The only way they could support themself was to become a bargirl or CSW. They can survive because there are alway buyers.

Just as with the WWF advertisements, When the buying stops - so will the killing.

I'm sure it wont toybits, there's too much alternative work available for young women.

The greatest threat to the prostitution industry in Thailand are the customers who marry the bargirls. Not only does it effectively remove that woman from the industry it gives her future generations financial security.

It's the elderly punter who deserves all the credit here. :)

And who is more noble, or less honoured in his own lifetime than such a person?

A person that marries a bargirl to rescue her from that situation is INDEED a noble person. And I hope that he has a loving, lasting and happy relationship with his partner.

But that does not stop other young girls from filling her position at that bar. Many others will be lining up to take her place.

So okey...one girl was rescued. You did your job. Its time for others to do the rescuing...

And the situation is no better than before.

So you can look at it using small picture eyes or big picture eye.

And who is more noble, or less honoured in his own lifetime than such a person?