Youth Injured In Morning Bomb Explosion

Rimmer

Pattaya, December 14 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : There are suggestions using a mobile phone could be dangerous for your long-term health, but using a public phone booth in Pattaya in the early hours of the morning could be even worse. In the early hours of Sunday morning a 17-year-old Thai youth was using a public phone in Soi 1/1 in Naklua, just 100 metres away from the Banglamung Police Station, when he spotted two men on a motorbike nearby. They threw a device onto the ground nearby which suddenly exploded, bringing an unexpected end to the youth’s phone call. The glass of the booth was shattered. Pieces of glass cut the 17-year-old on his legs and arms. Police were quick to the scene and took the injured youth to Banglamung hospital where he received medical attention and was able to give police a description of the bombers.

Naturally, the police are now searching for the bomb throwers.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Dec14 2009

post-22250-1260795187_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1260795204_thumb.jpg

Why no info on the motivation for this attack? I wonder if it was random or some gang related thing. Some might recall my somewhat recent thread about youths on motorcycles pointing a gun or gun like object directly at me while I was on a baht bus, also in Naklua.

Why no info on the motivation for this attack? I wonder if it was random or some gang related thing. Some might recall my somewhat recent thread about youths on motorcycles pointing a gun or gun like object directly at me while I was on a baht bus, also in Naklua.

I don't think the police have any idea on motivation in this case, especially without a captured suspect. But hats off to your creativity Jingthing - for that tenuous link and for introducing a baht bus dimension into it.

I don't think the police have any idea on motivation in this case, especially without a captured suspect. But hats off to your creativity Jingthing - for that tenuous link and for introducing a baht bus dimension into it.

I just thought it odd that nothing was mentioned in the article. Don't you think it would be very weird and even more disturbing if an attack like that was totally random?

I just thought it odd that nothing was mentioned in the article. Don't you think it would be very weird and even more disturbing if an attack like that was totally random?

I do think that, and I do think it was.

The increasing use of small bombs by and on civilians (forget the army/police firing RPGs into unarmed crowds of whatever coloured shirt) in Thailand is extremely disturbing, especially as an indication of what may happen when the balloon goes up (and I 'aint talking festivals)

In the UK I had a friend who worked for BT (British Telecoms), recall once he had to investigate following someone needing emergency treatment after using a public phone box to make a call.

The guy had received burns in a delicate place after answering a call of nature... :)

Edited by Basil B