Stopped 2 Weeks Ago

Chunkton

Stopped 2 weeks ago and the lozenges definitely helped, I took half of one every 3 hours, lower than recommended but which i found enough. After 2 weeks on those stopped them also 2 days ago, and so far so good.

Seems everyone really needs to find what alternative works for them. Currently eating more than usual, but will deal with that lesser issue later. After smoking for 30 years looks like i finally got rid of the bloody things.

Cheers...

Yes, very well done. Whatever system works for you stick with it. Try changing some of the other habits you had, just so your life feels different/better. Include the occasional walk if you can.

My last cigarette was 16th July 2003 and yes, I definately feel better.

Chunkton :) well done but try to look at it this way. You are a smoker who chooses not to smoke.

That is a very true statement. I guess some become non smokers and revel in that, others just don't smoke anymore but would like to. But as long as you have stopped that is the important thing.

Chunkton :) well done but try to look at it this way. You are a smoker who chooses not to smoke.

Very wise words...

This was similar to a mantra i spoke to myself many times per day when i was quitting..

"yesterday i chose not to smoke

today i am choosing not to smoke

and tomorrow i will choose not to smoke"

smoked for over 20 years and quit in September....

I cannot remember when i stopped using this mantra but it feels like a few months but i know the first days/weeks were emotional torture mentally and physically.

everything morning when i first get out of bed i have one cough which still brings up black gunk...black speckles in my spit... not a nice picture but even worse when i know its nothing but poison in my body which i chose to put there....

anyone who quits and is worried about weight increasing...i seriously recommend you start exercising as your lungs are increasing in their capacity to hold oxygen and you will have extra energy to burn off.....

its also a great feeling testing yourself weekly as you can run further/harder/longer and climb stairs without getting out of breath and wheezing...

I live on the 23rd in a condo and last week i walked down all the emergency fire stairs and climbed back up again to prove what i can do... no way i could have done this when i was smoking..

i can also now swim underwater the whole length of my pool.... i have always swam and before quitting i could only swim underwater half way to 3/4 was maximum i could do, as my lungs were screaming out...

these milestones are a great incentive not to smoke again..

plus blogging or writing like this is a good self help technique i find.