Condo Insurance - Any Recomendations?

briley

Having lashed out millions on a condo I thought about insurance for the condo and contents.

Went to a few places but find it difficult to actually find out what is covered and what they pay out.

My interest is to have a policy that:

Pays out in all cases of loss - no stupid exclusion clauses etc

Pays out most of the loss, don't mind paying the first 20,000 Baht or so provided I know that!

Has the lowest possible premium (mutually exclusive with points 1 and 2 I know!)

Best quote I have is from Royal and Sun Alliance but they cannot tell me of any local office nor give details of the policy.

Anyone with experience of a locally based company to use - prefereably someone who has had to claim and found the process went well.

Thanks

Having lashed out millions on a condo I thought about insurance for the condo and contents.

Went to a few places but find it difficult to actually find out what is covered and what they pay out.

Pays out most of the loss, don't mind paying the first 20,000 Baht or so provided I know that!

Has the lowest possible premium (mutually exclusive with points 1 and 2 I know!)

Best quote I have is from Royal and Sun Alliance but they cannot tell me of any local office nor give details of the policy.

Anyone with experience of a locally based company to use - prefereably someone who has had to claim and found the process went well.

Thanks

We use AIA in CNX and they seem reasonable and have a office nr the moat on the way from the airport before Chiang Mai Ram Hospital.I think we pay around 7000ish per annum for 2.5 mill cover,its old for new etc.

cheers

Take it that is not the big AIA office on the right from the airport just before the moat. Went there and couldn't find anywhere to park my Dream - then they told me that they only do Life Insurance in that office. I'll try looking again.

Mind Royal & Sun Alliance quoted 3,000 baht (minimum premium) for 1.5 Million of building and 250,000 of contents cover so 7K sounds high?

But then the cover can be better .......................

Thanks

Try QBE on southside of moat, to west of Chiang Mai gate. A friend of mine uses them to insure his condo. I get car insurance from them.