Move To Rayong

chrisl567

Hi i may have the option to move to Rayong for work from Singapore and i am trying to gauge how much the cost of living is and whilst i know it will be a lot less than Singapore i want to make sure my expenses will be covered and in particular for

1) Housing say a nice Condo say around Bang Chang 3 bed or even serviced apartment

2) Car lease

3) Utilities

i would expect to there for about 2yrs so would not be looking to buy

any other Tips would be most welcombe

i will of course a good look through this forum for useful info as well

thanks for the help

Chris

Serviced apartment here in Nikhom Pattana (around 5km up the road northwards from the southward Mapthaput turn-off on Sukhumvit costs 4,000THB/mth, w/air, tv, (theoretical HWS but I no use - no earth cable=dangerous). Ban Chang is probably quite a bit more luxurious of range, but you should be able to find something splendid for under 10,000.

No idea on cars. I paid too much cash for not enough motorbike.

Electricity adds around 900-1000 pm to the apartment costs if I remember from a few years ago. That includes fridge, air-cond on quite regularly overnight and most days.

Essentially, it's very cheap for everything, except cars.

Plenty to rent down towards Phala and Payun beaches for under 10,000 a month.

Got a 2 year old Isuzu 3ltr turbo 4 door pick up for rent or are you looking for a car.

Good utilities, decent internet etc.

Good eateries and drinks half the price of up in the town :)

Chris,

I moved up from Singapore last month and am currently staying with my wife's family near Rayong. We are considering a move to Ban Chang later next year and so i have been looking at rental prices for 3 bed houses there. There are some really nice properties, close to the beach and schools/amenities etc for around 30,000 baht per month. This is cheap when compared to the SGD3200 per month we were paying for a 3 bed condo in the Simei area of Sing. As mentioned by others there is also much cheaper alternatives available in neighbouring areas so it really does depend on what you want for your money and how close to Ban Chang you need to be.

Cars here are not cheap but don't come with all the COE/PARF related complications as in Sing. An economical option might be to buy a used truck (Isuzu D-Max or similar) and sell it when you leave without too much depreciation. Otherwise leasing something like a Toyota Altis will set you back around baht 20-25k per month.

Allowing 1000-1200 per month for utilities should suffice.

Hope this helps.

NTT.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info

will in rayong next week for final interview but this gives a indication of package i should be looking for

Looks like the golfing will be good but hopefully the cycling is good as well

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

How did the interview go? Moving up here or not?

NTT

Allowing 1000-1200 per month for utilities should suffice.

Depends how much you like your A/C... I found everywhere in Singapore to be super (sic) cold, so if you're used to that could be 2-3x above figure.

Add 1000 for internet connection and 2 to 3K for Truevisions tv (cable or sat)...

Thanks for the info

will in rayong next week for final interview but this gives a indication of package i should be looking for

Looks like the golfing will be good but hopefully the cycling is good as well

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

How did the interview go? Moving up here or not?

NTT

I am here just so now need to decide where to live ?

may still favour Jomtien or NaJomtiem

will have a look around now i am here