Stable Lodge Hotel

alex100

We booked a minibus from there for a friend a few weeks ago. They wouldn't accept bookings from overseas so we had to do it for him... :D

The minibus was apparently very good (brand new, good driver, etc.) but on the day before it was due to be picking them up, the Stable Lodge called us and tried to raise the price by 20%. :o

On the day when they went to pick them up, they turned up at his hotel an hour early and then called us to find out where he was (claiming we'd told them the wrong time.) Finally, they screwed up the return date (it was a 2-way booking) and had him returning 1 day early. Fortunately he noticed that on the outward trip and managed to get it changed.

I know that this was one of their services and not the hotel itself but it may be indicative of how they run things...

Danish run, decent 'viking' food, nice little pool, rooms are like a small apt rather than hotel-esque, nice little balcony, convivial bar (if you speak Skandi it helps;). I stayed there a few times a few years back and go back for a bite every now and then. S'alright in my book.