Bangkok Fishing Tackle Supply Stores

ttakata

I was wondering who knows of some big fishing tackle stores in BKK.

I have yet to see anything bigger than a row at a sporting goods store.

I'm sure many people would be interested in where to go and buy fishing tackle.

Knowing whether they handle salt water, fresh water, and fly fishing would be nice.

More importantly a good name and address.

Please see the link. It is all in Thai, but lists tackle shops countrywide. http://www.siamfishing.com/shop/ If you can give me an area of BKK, I can pick out a few and translate them for you but cannot guarantee what they will have in stock. The shop I use because it is convenient and charges everyone the same, Thai and foreign, is near the Onnut BTS station.

Please see the link. It is all in Thai, but lists tackle shops countrywide. http://www.siamfishing.com/shop/ If you can give me an area of BKK, I can pick out a few and translate them for you but cannot guarantee what they will have in stock. The shop I use because it is convenient and charges everyone the same, Thai and foreign, is near the Onnut BTS station.

Thanks "GarryP" your translation would be most welcome.

Having lived here only 3 months, I'm just learning to speak Thai right now, reading and writing will have to come later.

Really any store near an MRT/BTS station would be great.

To be specific I live near the Phra Ram 9 (Fortune Town Mall) MRT station so anything in DinDaeng, Huai Kwang, Lat Phrao, or the Khlong Tan Neua/Asok areas would be very easy to get to.

Thanks again, Ted

Thats the one I went to Garry, its small but well worth the hike out to On Nut (walking distance from skytrain so not so bad). Although the guy didn't have what I was looking for he certainly had a huge selection crammed into a little tiny shop.

There are 2 tackle shops in rangsit...i,m told thats where the other tackle shops buy from, If your looking for a rod and reel i would be tempted to shop there...even using a taxi i think you can save quite some money and the selection is much bigger, i actualy used to live in onnut (walking distance to the tackle shop) still i bought most my tackle in rangsit, Rods seem to be almost half the price...now i live in prawet and there are numerous tackle shops around here but still i drive the distance to rangsit every few months to stock up on line, and end tackle at almost half the price.

pm for directons

Edited by tingtongfarang

Unfortunately, there seems to be a scarcity of tackle shops in your areas ttakata. You need to go further out. Basically the nearer you are to fishing areas, the more tackle shops there are, hence the number of shops around Prawet, Lad Krabang, Onnuch, etc. I am not familiar with Rangsit but I do know that there are a lot of fishing grounds around there. For me, for the taxi fare to Rangsit and back, I could buy all I needed at my local shop and still have change, however, you are somewhat nearer so it would definitely be worth a look, especially if you are fully kitting out and not just buying end tackle. TTF, I do not know the shops you are talking about and you have sparked my interest, how big are these outlets?

Unfortunately, there seems to be a scarcity of tackle shops in your areas ttakata. You need to go further out. Basically the nearer you are to fishing areas, the more tackle shops there are, hence the number of shops around Prawet, Lad Krabang, Onnuch, etc. I am not familiar with Rangsit but I do know that there are a lot of fishing grounds around there. For me, for the taxi fare to Rangsit and back, I could buy all I needed at my local shop and still have change, however, you are somewhat nearer so it would definitely be worth a look, especially if you are fully kitting out and not just buying end tackle. TTF, I do not know the shops you are talking about and you have sparked my interest, how big are these outlets?

Don't know of any shops but the market you want Krong Tum (that's how I say it and it works) near China town, 2 or 3 large outlets there and cheap

Down the side of the main building where KFC is

The 2 shops are within 20 meters of eachother one of the shops actualy gives you a small plastic basket to fill with packets of hooks and swivels ect, A friend once went by train ...said they are walking distance from rangsit train station...never tried as i have a car, I guess both shops are quite big compared to the shop in onnut and when talking to the thais who are serious about fishing they all seem to know these shops,

Not a fishing posting in particular, but my understanding of Thai is on the low side of non-extistant. But if you paste a foreign website into Google translate, it will give a reasonable attempt. Better than the old days when translating contracts from English into Spanish. The programme (not Google) translated " the parties hereby agree that....." into "the fiestas hereby agree that......"

Tight lines.

I believe I have found the shops you mentioned. I understand that I am not allowed to name them here. One of the shops has its own website. Both do retail and wholesale trade. As you said, they are within walking distance of the station.

Edited by GarryP

Girlfriend wanted a new rod for her birthday early this month (likes to catch plah buek) and had seen the one she wanted in a local tackle shop here..price nearly 3000bht....i got exactly the same rod in rangsit for 1200bht, But i,m not sure the same savings can be had on all reels as i found my avet casting reel to be only 100bht cheaper there than the 7 seas shop in bungsamran , Also they did,nt have the full range of colours normaly available, Still rangsit seems to give disscount when buying more items ...very friendly staff :)

• 2 weeks later...
Girlfriend wanted a new rod for her birthday early this month (likes to catch plah buek) and had seen the one she wanted in a local tackle shop here..price nearly 3000bht....i got exactly the same rod in rangsit for 1200bht, But i,m not sure the same savings can be had on all reels as i found my avet casting reel to be only 100bht cheaper there than the 7 seas shop in bungsamran , Also they did,nt have the full range of colours normaly available, Still rangsit seems to give disscount when buying more items ...very friendly staff :)

In general rangsit is the place to go to, most of my thai friends go there to buy tackle. It saves a lot if you compare it to other shops.

yeah Rangsit is the one to go to. Best prices for rods definitely, some of the other internet based shops are good for reels. Rangsit has a good selection of lures too and well priced, always discounted from the ticket price too.

Hi,

Is the Rangsit tackle shop easily accessible from the town area of Bang kok, say if im staying at Pratunam area.

Anyone know the address of Chinglew tackle in BangKok?

You can get a bus to Hua Lampong and then catch a train and get off at Rangsit station. The two shops are not a long way from Rangsit station. Walking distance for me, but then I like walking in the heat.

I take it that you mean the name of the shop is Chinglew. In that case there are two in the suburbs as follows:

Chinglew Bangkuntian: 80/309 Bangkuntian Road, Samae Dam Sub-district, Bangkuntian District, Bangkok Tel.: 899-8712

Chinglew Minburi: 159/8 Sukaphiban Road, Minburi, Bangkok Tel.: 518-0366

I do not know how old the information is but you will need to add an 02 before the telephone numbers.

Alternatively, if you simply mean a tackle shop which sells chinglew tackle, then most of them do. I buy my chinglew tackle at the tackle shop I mentioned further up in this piece.

For those others that are interested, "chinglew" is the Thai way of saying a "whip". My favorite form of fishing is whip fishing. However, the technology available here in terms of whips, poles and end tackle is far behind what is now being used in the UK. But when in Rome.........

• 1 month later...

Hey guys...Could someone give a little more specific directions on where these Rangsit shops are? I am familiar with the area and will be up there tomorrow. But since I'll be driving (without my co-pilot) I was hoping for a better idea on where to look. Rough directions from the train station would be helpful or approximate location on a google maps aerial would be ideal.

There was mention of a website above but no link was given?

Thanks in advance,

David

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If its Good Gear that you want then I suggest Cabelas On-Line even with Shipping and the 26% Luxury Tax & VAT that the wonderful Thai Customas add on its cheaper than buying in (Phuket) especially Penn & Shimano equipment.

Middle to lower end of the Market Korean & Chinese then of course you are better of buying locally.

Tight Lines

McFarang

Rawai Beach Fishing Club