mommysboy

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

england team for tonights game against the USA

Green, Johnson, King, Terry, A Cole, Lennon, Lampard, Gerrard, Milner, Heskey, Rooney.

big night for green!

Good to see plenty of attacking options. Best of luck to both sides! :)

big night for green!

:):D :D

Interesting to note the commentators thought he made a 'great save' to deflect the ball off the post in the second half. I reckoned he was lucky as hel_l not to let in another howler.

Joe Hart for the next match surely.

And yes Jockstar...time for a reality check.....well I tried to warn 'em.....:D

big night for green!

:):D :D

Interesting to note the commentators thought he made a 'great save' to deflect the ball off the post in the second half. I reckoned he was lucky as hel_l not to let in another howler.

Joe Hart for the next match surely.

And yes Jockstar...time for a reality check.....well I tried to warn 'em.....:D

Me too, I could see England drifting to the usual World Cup dreaminess. But they weren't so bad, played some useful football at times. USA made it tough, don't forget they are a successful tournament team, look at their recent record.

Agreed.

Super save?! Nah. The ball was hit straight at him and he only managed a weak palm at it that could so easily have gone directly in or in off the post.

Very disappointed by Capello's lack of courage. Lampard and Gerrard in the centre? You gotta be kidding. And Heskey getting a start?!

Carragher looked way off the pace as well.

We got problems, but then we already knew that...

Creativity and flair will go on the backburner. We can leave that to Brasil and Spain for the moment. Capello's statement of intent will be to finish top of the group. He knows the teams limitations and will play to their strengths. Champagne football or qualification top of the group. :) The big teams will take more notice of us winning solidly and not conceding.

Everyone will look at England and think 'What ugly disappointing football to bring to a World Cup'.

Same old same old.

Its for this reason I hope you don't win it carmine and not for any other.

Probably better to let us play a few games first before deciding on the quality of our football. :D

Never mind carmine old chum you can still regale us with your tales of '66.

:D

Creativity and flair will go on the backburner. We can leave that to Brasil and Spain for the moment. Capello's statement of intent will be to finish top of the group. He knows the teams limitations and will play to their strengths. Champagne football or qualification top of the group. :) The big teams will take more notice of us winning solidly and not conceding.

Everyone will look at England and think 'What ugly disappointing football to bring to a World Cup'.

Same old same old.

Its for this reason I hope you don't win it carmine and not for any other.

Probably better to let us play a few games first before deciding on the quality of our football. :D

Never mind carmine old chum you can still regale us with your tales of '66.

:D

I felt confident we were in trouble the moment i knew the teamsheet.....and then on came Shaun Wright Philips :D