Redknapp Charged

MSingh

Club Announcement

19 December 2009

The following statement has today (Saturday) been issued by solicitors, BCL Burton Copeland, acting for Manager, Harry Redknapp:

"Harry Redknapp is extremely surprised and disappointed to have been informed that HMRC intend to institute proceedings against him in the week commencing 11January 2010. We believe that the decision to commence proceedings will, in due course, be shown to have been totally misconceived."

The Club considers this matter to be a private, tax issue which pre-dates Harry's employment with the Club and which is not related to football matters. His position remains unaffected and he has the full support of the Club.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having paid millions in tax already, and being worth millions in his own right, why would 'Arry side step a ten grand payment? It makes no sense.

Give the cash to shut them and let's get on with our season...and get rid of Keane who is out of form, has no loyalty and is unfit to captain the side.

We don't need Xmas parties and inland revnue hassels if we are going to achieve top four

mandaric being charged now too. storrie next with any luck.

The Third Amigo is actually first up to be done Stevie, his Case has been adjourned til Jan 2010...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/no...orrie-court-tax

Whilst im all for tax evasion as i wouldnt trust NuLabour or the Tories with a 4 year olds piggy bank, its looking as if we can see where the millions that Pompey are in debt has gone, despite them making vast amounts in the transfer market.

mandaric being charged now too. storrie next with any luck.

The Third Amigo is actually first up to be done Stevie, his Case has been adjourned til Jan 2010...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/no...orrie-court-tax

ah, didn't realise that. going to be interesting this one as they're not protected by the cosy insular football world on this one.

[quote name='

ah, didn't realise that. going to be interesting this one as they're not protected by the cosy insular football world on this one.

Oh but they are, its called loads of football money to run an extremely expensive defence.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, charged by the CPS..

Hopefully this Cancer in Football won't get away with it this time, charges are for $$ sent by Mandaric to Redknapp to an Off Shore Moncao Account Redknapp has..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8459969.stm

well, the justice system certainly doesnt treat tax evasion lightly, he may even end up doing

a stretch, take lester pigott for example. Coincidentally, now that i mention it, he has a right ugly mug aswell, sure arry wont have to worry too much in the showers :)

I get the feeling there is more to the hounding of Redknapp by the police and HMIT. It's as though they think he has got away with something in the past, and someone is determined to do him for something.

whos hounding him mate ?, he commited an offence, hes been charged , hel_l get dealt with in court, end of!

Hopefully this Cancer in Football won't get away with it this time, charges are for $$ sent by Mandaric to Redknapp to an Off Shore Moncao Account Redknapp has..

Apparently the top guy in the CPS is a west scamer :) who's obviously got the ump that arrys got more money then west scam :D

Edited by alfieconn

Apparently the top guy in the CPS is a west scamer :) who's obviously got the ump that arrys got more money then west scam :D

so do you reckon he may put in a bid and buy us this week alfie? pretty sure he would be politely told

to DO 1 :D

I get the feeling there is more to the hounding of Redknapp by the police and HMIT. It's as though they think he has got away with something in the past, and someone is determined to do him for something.

whos hounding him mate ?, he commited an offence, hes been charged , hel_l get dealt with in court, end of!

2 things:

1. I think he has done something in the past that the authorities could not prove, so they keep at him for everything now, until something sticks.

2. He may not have (yet) committed an offence as you suggest. He has just been charged with committing one, and the court will decide if he is guilty or not.

2 things:

1. I think he has done something in the past that the authorities could not prove, so they keep at him for everything now, until something sticks.

2. He may not have (yet) committed an offence as you suggest. He has just been charged with committing one, and the court will decide if he is guilty or not.

cut a long story short sharecropper , the blokes awrong un! call it hounding if you like. ill call it getting a tug for his continious shady business practice, after 1 month of investigation , hes been charged , i just find it hard to beleive hes not commited an offence, time will tell, (no pun intended) :)

cut a long story short sharecropper , the blokes awrong un!

Imola, if that was the charge he'd be bang to rights!

i hear you , but , its not ,the charge is TAX EVASION.

bang to rights you say sharecropper, although this has been covered before, believe me he is a wrong un.

banged up ! is probably more appropriate, now hes been charged(still innocent) i just hope his arse is twitchin aswell, can just picture you share, with your FREE TWITCHY tshirt, trust me hes a wrong un, an he is due a stretch, q? are you above the law, answer= no, neither am i, so why should that parasite be?.

hounding him??? do yoursel a real favour mate

bang to rights you say sharecropper, although this has been covered before, believe me he is a wrong un.

banged up ! is probably more appropriate, now hes been charged(still innocent) i just hope his arse is twitchin aswell, can just picture you share, with your FREE TWITCHY tshirt, trust me hes a wrong un, an he is due a stretch, q? are you above the law, answer= no, neither am i, so why should that parasite be?.

You misunderstand my humour. "Bang to rights" is a phrase which means he is guilty.

You misunderstand my humour. "Bang to rights" is a phrase which means he is guilty.

no misunderstanding there sharecropper, im well aware of the meaning of the phrase :)

• 4 months later...

Henry ( yes, his name is Henry it seems ) & Co latest..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/8711346.stm

Two former Portsmouth Football Club bosses will face new tax evasion charges when they appear in court next month, Southwark Crown Court was told. Former chairman Milan Mandaric and former chief executive Peter Storrie face charges of evading tax over player Eyal Berkovics's termination fee.

They are accused of making an offshore payment to end Berkovics's contract on which no tax was paid or declared.

They will appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court next month.

Mr Storrie will appear on 9 June, while Mr Mandaric will appear on 17 June.

Excused from court

Mr Mandaric and former Portmouth manager, Harry Redknapp, 63, already face two counts of cheating the public revenue in relation to two payments totalling US $295,000 (£191,000) allegedly made via a Monaco bank account.

Mr Storrie already faces one count of cheating the public revenue in relation to a player's signing-on fee.

All three men will appear at Southwark Crown Court on 14 September. They were excused from attending Friday's hearing.

Mr Mandaric, who gave his address as the Walkers Stadium in Leicester, is now Leicester City chairman.

Mr Storrie, of Hayling Island, Hampshire, stepped down as chief executive of Portsmouth after the club went into administration.

Mr Redknapp, of Poole, Dorset, is now Tottenham Hotspur manager.

His first name was listed by the court as Henry.

i always liked the way the times match reports listed alan shearer's england strike partner as edward sheringham.

Cloughie too.. :)

brian howard clough. robert bernard fowler. stanley victor collymore. and my personal favourite, emile ivanhoe heskey.

• 1 month later...