Thai League Matches

Nigbon

The two teams currently occupying first and second in the TPL - Chonburi & Bangkok Glass - are due to play each other next Sunday at the Chonburi Sports College Stadium. It should be a cracker. Bangkok Glass have been a bogey side for Chonburi since entering the league last season so there's no doubt that our lads will be up for it. And BG are just coming into a fine run of form after a shaky start.

However, if you fancy going to the match, you'll need to get a move on, as it is expected to be a 12,000 sell out and tickets have already gone on sale. Details of how to purchase tickets can be found here :

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/cl....pl?news=357177

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguably the biggest game in Thai domestic football is scheduled for tomorrow. Second placed Muang Thong United host current TPL leaders Chonburi at the Yamaha Stadium, Muang Thong Thani. The match kicks off at 6:30pm and a capacity crowd is expected. NBT Ch19 will be showing the whole event live from 6:00pm onwards.

Here are a few facts and figures about the two teams.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/cl....pl?news=360879

• 4 weeks later...

this weekends televised matches from www.thaileaguefootball.com

Saturday 26th June

5pm, T-Sport - Buriram PEA v Chonburi

6pm, Siam Sport - Muang Thong v Samut Songkrahm

6pm, NBT11 - Bangkok Glass v Navy Rayong

Sunday

4.30pm, Siam Sport - TTM Pichit v Sisaket

6pm, True Vision - TOT Cat v Bangkok United

6pm, T-Sport - BEC Tero v Pattaya United

6pm, NBT11 - Thai Port v Army

Highlights from last weekends matches here

http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/index.php?lay=boardshow&ac=webboard_show&Category=thaileaguefootballcom&thispage=&No=6850

Few matches on this Wednesday 30th June

Thai Premier League

4.30pm - Siam Sport TV - TTM Pichit v Muang Thong United

5pm - Thai Port v BEC Tero

FA Cup

4.30pm - Chula United v Sisaket

6pm - Sri Racha v Ratchaburi

6pm - TOT Cat v Osotspa Saraburi

I went to watch Thai port v Samut Songkhram today and was disappointed with the reaction of the Samut Songkhram players at the awarding of a penalty against them. They were so upset that they decided to walk off the pitch for 20 minutes as a protest. The incident happened in the 75th minute and there was still plenty of time to get back in the game and win it. They should start deducting points from teams that behave like this.

Edited by Spit the Dog

I went to watch Thai port v Samut Songkhram today and was disappointed with the reaction of the Samut Songkhram players at the awarding of a penalty against them. They were so upset that they decided to walk off the pitch for 20 minutes as a protest. The incident happened in the 75th minute and there was still plenty of time to get back in the game and win it. They should start deducting points from teams that behave like this.

This has been a problem in the Thai leagues for years - even the Thai national team has a history of taking such action, most (in)famously against Singapore in 2007. Sadly, the authorities (FAT,TPL) seem reluctant to come down heavy, even on serial offenders like Samut Songkhram. A points deduction makes perfect sense. In SS's case, I would dock them three points for Saturday's walk off and impose a suspended ten point penalty as they have "previous".

On a lighter note, I thought the incident livened up what had been a pretty dull match. ;)

This has been a problem in the Thai leagues for years - even the Thai national team has a history of taking such action, most (in)famously against Singapore in 2007. Sadly, the authorities (FAT,TPL) seem reluctant to come down heavy, even on serial offenders like Samut Songkhram. A points deduction makes perfect sense. In SS's case, I would dock them three points for Saturday's walk off and impose a suspended ten point penalty as they have "previous".

On a lighter note, I thought the incident livened up what had been a pretty dull match. ;)

It was a dull game. When I first saw the penalty incident, it looked like a penalty from where I was sat at the far end of the stadium. It's only since I've watched the tv replay that it's clear to see that the keeper got the ball first. If it wasn't for that decision though I reckon it would have ended 0-0. Neither of those teams had much about them in front of goal.

Do any of you guys know how to get to the Bkk Glass ground using public transport? I will travel south by bus and arrive at Bkk Northern Bus station.

Best to take a taxi if you can, but if your determined to take public transport - ask for a bus or van to Future Park, Rangsit at Mor Chit station, at Future Park take a songthaew to Klong 6 where the stadium is.

It was a dull game. When I first saw the penalty incident, it looked like a penalty from where I was sat at the far end of the stadium. It's only since I've watched the tv replay that it's clear to see that the keeper got the ball first. If it wasn't for that decision though I reckon it would have ended 0-0. Neither of those teams had much about them in front of goal.

I was watching on tv and it was clear that the keeper got the ball, even on first viewing. However, it still doesn't excuse what followed. There was possibly a worse decision at our (Chonburi) match on Sunday. We were awarded a penalty when the defender didn't appear to do anything wrong. I haven't seen a replay of the incident but all the Chonburi fans sitting around me were staggered when the referee pointed to the spot. There was some obligatory protesting by the Army but, to their credit, it didn't last too long. Justice was done when Arthit blasted his shot against the bar.

Matches on TV this weekend from www.thaileaguefootball.com

Saturday 24th

Samut Songkrahm v Buriram PEA - NBT11 4.30pm

Bangkok United v Police United - True Sport 6pm

Bangkok Glass v BEC Tero - Siam Sport 6pm

TOT Cat v TTM Pichit - FBSTV 6pm

Sunday 25th

Thai Port v Osotspa - NBT11 5pm

Navy Rayong v Pattaya - T-Sport 5pm

Chonburi v Muang Thong United - FBSTV

Edited by Nigbon

Watched a fair bit of Samut Songkhram's 0-0 game with Buriram on the box. Decent turnout of fans from both sides and quite entertaining ... just woeful finishing from both sides failed to break the deadlock. Watched the second half of Bangkok United's 4-0 stuffing by the Police. Some good finishes, but Bangkok United really are <deleted> and will deservedly go down on this showing. Wouldn't be surprised if the club folds and gets renamed as something else. Disunited more than united at the moment, they had their chances too, but were wasteful in front of goal.

Thinking of going to watch Thai Port against Osotspa tomorrow. Heard a rumour that they've signed a couple of former internationals from the English league to play up front - Jimmy Greaves alongside Ian St John. Will check it out ...

Results from today - three draws

Navy Rayong 1-1 Pattaya United

Thai Port 1-1 Osotspa Saraburi

Chonburi 0-0 Muang Thong Utd

full table

the top 8 of the TPL

1.Muang Thong Utd 39 / 2.Chonburi 36 / 3.Buriram PEA 31 / 4.Thai Port 30 / 5.Pattaya United 29 / 6.Bangkok Glass 25 / 7.TTM Pichit 22 /8.Samut Songkrahm 22

top 5 of Div 1

1.Air Force 34 / 2.Sri Racha 34 / 3.Khon Kaen33 / 4.Thai Honda29 / 5.Songkhla28

and leaders of the Div 2 Regions

North - Chiang Mai +4 / North East - Buriram+3 / Central - Samut Prakhan +3 / South - FC Phuket +6 / Bangkok - Bangkok FC +0

Edited by Nigbon

Also a round of TPL matches on this Wednesday 28th

Navy Rayong v Muang Thong Utd

TOT Cat v Sisaket

Bangkok Glass v Samut Songkrahm

Chonburi v Pattaya Utd

BEC Tero v Buriram PEA

Bangkok United v Osotspa Saraburi

Insee Police United v Thai Port

Watched a fair bit of Samut Songkhram's 0-0 game with Buriram on the box. Decent turnout of fans from both sides and quite entertaining ... just woeful finishing from both sides failed to break the deadlock. Watched the second half of Bangkok United's 4-0 stuffing by the Police. Some good finishes, but Bangkok United really are <deleted> and will deservedly go down on this showing. Wouldn't be surprised if the club folds and gets renamed as something else. Disunited more than united at the moment, they had their chances too, but were wasteful in front of goal.

Thinking of going to watch Thai Port against Osotspa tomorrow. Heard a rumour that they've signed a couple of former internationals from the English league to play up front - Jimmy Greaves alongside Ian St John. Will check it out ...

Bangkok United have only recently "rebranded" themselves. They were known as Bangkok University until the season before last. They were TPL champions in 2006 and represented Thailand in the AFC Champions League the following year : http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/season_archive.pl?id=25314 It's been a steady decline ever since.

They are sure to go down this time around and it will be interesting to see if they can recover.