Also a round of TPL matches on this Wednesday 28th

Navy Rayong v Muang Thong Utd

TOT Cat v Sisaket

Bangkok Glass v Samut Songkrahm

Chonburi v Pattaya Utd

BEC Tero v Buriram PEA

Bangkok United v Osotspa Saraburi

Insee Police United v Thai Port

anybody going to see one of these weekday-games in BKK ?

I am really tempted to watch a game, but except for some lowest-league Farang- amateur games (where I was involved as a REF sometimes) I never did.

would need someone to introduce me and "show me around" a little...... I would pay the first 2 beers, BTW ^_^

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOT Cat v Sisaket

Chonburi v Pattaya Utd

BEC Tero v Buriram PEA

I am really tempted to watch a game, but except for some lowest-league Farang- amateur games (where I was involved as a REF sometimes) I never did.

would need someone to introduce me and "show me around" a little...... I would pay the first 2 beers, BTW ^_^

Come and watch Chonburi v Bang Phra. You can be at the stadium in less than an hour from central BKK. I'd be happy to show you around. And drink your beer. ;)

Kick off is at 6:00pm.

Edited by SriRachaShark

TOT Cat v Sisaket

Chonburi v Pattaya Utd

BEC Tero v Buriram PEA

Come and watch Chonburi v Bang Phra. You can be at the stadium in less than an hour from central BKK. I'd be happy to show you around. And drink your beer. ;)

thank's a lot for your offer, mate, but going all the way down to Chonburi (and returning late at night with a couple of Pints inside my tummy) is a tad too much of a hassle on a weekday.....

what about u come over when Chonburi plays somewhere in BKK ? unless it is a Buddhist holiday (such as is the case today) we have plenty of beers here in BKK to choose from too.... ;)

TOT Cat v Sisaket

Chonburi v Pattaya Utd

BEC Tero v Buriram PEA

thank's a lot for your offer, mate, but going all the way down to Chonburi (and returning late at night with a couple of Pints inside my tummy) is a tad too much of a hassle on a weekday.....

what about u come over when Chonburi plays somewhere in BKK ? unless it is a Buddhist holiday (such as is the case today) we have plenty of beers here in BKK to choose from too.... ;)

Our next scheduled trip to the capital is on September 12th. I'd be happy to take you up on your offer then. :) We are also in BKK the following weekend.

went to watch the Thai port game was really suprised by the lack of security which saw a farang invade the pitch at half time

Went with Spit the Dog to watch the game and we were equally surprised to see the 'farang' gent on the pitch. Actually, we know him from his days as a former (occasional)teacher, member of the former Sunbelt Thaivisa football team and a music video star! Come to think of it as soon as we noticed someone cartwheeling across the pitch with his belly hanging out, we knew it had to be him! Will not reveal his name, but will say that he's an Arsenal fan which says it all. He was there last week against Samut Songkhram, so looks like he's a regular at Thai Port games, so keep your eyes peeled ... you might see him 'performing' on the pitch again.

Yesterday was the first Thai Premier League I have been to and I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere at Thai Port F.C. Was made to feel very welcome and the carnival atmosphere was a throwback to the days before all-seated stadiums and prawn sandwiches took much of the fun away from English grounds. Doesn't seem to matter if there's a lull in the game or a complete lack of incident ... the drums just keep banging along with the cymbals, horns and anything else that will make a noise!

went to watch the Thai port game was really suprised by the lack of security which saw a farang invade the pitch at half time

Went with Spit the Dog to watch the game and we were equally surprised to see the 'farang' gent on the pitch. Actually, we know him from his days as a former (occasional)teacher, member of the former Sunbelt Thaivisa football team and a music video star! Come to think of it as soon as we noticed someone cartwheeling across the pitch with his belly hanging out, we knew it had to be him! Will not reveal his name, but will say that he's an Arsenal fan which says it all. He was there last week against Samut Songkhram, so looks like he's a regular at Thai Port games, so keep your eyes peeled ... you might see him 'performing' on the pitch again.

:lol: Sunderland, is the a supposed superstar that is well known? Possibly claiming International representation?

Yesterday was the first Thai Premier League I have been to and I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere at Thai Port F.C. Was made to feel very welcome and the carnival atmosphere was a throwback to the days before all-seated stadiums and prawn sandwiches took much of the fun away from English grounds. Doesn't seem to matter if there's a lull in the game or a complete lack of incident ... the drums just keep banging along with the cymbals, horns and anything else that will make a noise!

Glad you enjoyed your first experience of TPL football. It's always good fun. You may be interested in this electronic version of a fanzine a few of us put together late last year. There are lots of articles about Thai football, including one on Thai Port, and is a useful starting point for anyone who is just getting into the local game. Hope it's of some use. :)

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/club_bespoke.pl?page_select=8219

whos the lad with the longish hair and white head band that plays for chonburi, i think.

they play in a two shades of blue shirt, is that correct?

hes got some left foot on him and strikes a ball as good as any ive seen.

is he in thailand national teams set up? if not bryan robson needs to keep an eye out for him!

Found a video on him

Edited by Nigbon

He looks very useful Nigbon, although I would have to see more of him on a regular basis to know if he was really as good as those highlights suggest. Youtube clips are wonderful at showing all the good bits, but don't indicate consistency in a player's performance, only what he is a capable of at a given moment. Shall keep an eye out for him when I next watch Chonburi.

It's good when we can find player's names - like Arthit Sunthornpit - written in English. Relying on google's translation engine can produce some interesting and comical translations of Thai players' names. For example on this page google's translated page indetified some of the Thai Port squad as follows:

3. Thotsapol leave Bangladesh

4. Large onyx wong

8. Shall merit a knife

10. Chai Sarayut a good

11. Jirawat mug satisfied

13. Phong independent drama list

15. Jetsada Phu small

17. Pongpipat calculated

20. Nirut Sawat F word (I will leave you to make up your own mind what the F word could be)

24. Sompong so dry delete

28. Non Siri influence

32. Cut a Nontawat Federation architecture family

33. Ekachai Red Sam

34. Sri Narong wonderful

On the fixture list the great translations continued with games to play or having already been played against:

Police Eagle Friends FC

Bang Cock United FC

Militia FC (that's the army's team in case that didn't ring a bell!)

BEC Tero Religion FC

Glass Containers FC

I have no doubts that English-Thai translations of English football team and player names would be just as daft if translated into Thai. Globally, there are some footballers whose names are daft enough already without being translated into any other language. For example (and there are so many more to be find online):

Daft name XI

1. Norman Conquest (goalkeeper who played in Australia)

2. Chiqui Arce (former Paraguay right-back)

3.Rod Fanni (French defender)

4. Milan Fukal (Czech defender)

5.Argelico fuc_ks (Brazilian defender)

6. Wayne Wanklyn (former Reading winger)

7. Lopez Ufarte (Spanish player in the 82 World Cup)

8. Mario Turdo (Argentinian who lived up to his name)

9. Andre Muff (Swiss striker)

10. Danny Diver (Scottish striker)

11. Brian Pinas (former Newcastle and Feyenoord winger)

Subs

Steve Death (former Reading goalkeeper)

Ars Bandeet (former Algerian international)

Have-A-Look Dube (Zimbabwean)

Adigun Salami (Nigerian midfielder)

Bernt Haas (former Swiss right-back played at Sunderland and WBA)

Waldo Ponce (current Chilean international)

Johnny Moustache (Seychelles international)

Bongo Christ (Congolese striker)

John Nutter (former Gillingham defender)

Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway (former Brighton player named after the 1973 QPR team!)

Danny Shittu (Nigerian centre-back well known in England)

Jesus Zamora (former Spanish international)

Dean Windass (former player with just about every club in England!)

yeah, watch out for the google translation on Thai names some have interesting meanings.

regarding Arthit, yes he is a great talent but sometimes lacks the effort. He is quite young though, maybe a matter of maturity... Srirachashark can tell you more.

here are the matches televised tomorrow (Wednesday July 28th)

Navy Rayong v Muang Thong United - 5pm NBT11 TV

Bangkok Glass v Samut Songkrahm - 6pm True Vision

Chonburi v Pattaya United - 6pm Siam Sport

Bangkok United v Osotspa - 6pm Football Siam TV

Police United v Thai Port - 7pm T-Sport

Thailiban - if you in the center of Bkk and want to make it to a game there aren't any classics on but BEC Tero v Buriram PEA at Thepasadin would be an "interesting" experience. Bangkok United are just about a sunk ship this season with no fight.

I went to watch Police v Thai Port tonight. Thai Port won 1-0 and overall probably deserved to win. Police Utd had a couple of chances but they never looked like scoring.

It was my first visit to the Thammasat Stadium and I thought it was a decent stadium. The problem is that such a large arena is wasted when there are only 2000 fans there. Why not relocate to a smaller stadium? It must be impossible for a team called Police Utd to attract a decent local support. I'm also not a fan of football stadiums with running tracks around them. It reminds me of Eastern European teams back in the 80's. I much prefer going to Muang Thong or Thai Port as you can get close to the action. :)

Edited by Spit the Dog

I went to watch Police v Thai Port tonight. Thai Port won 1-0 and overall probably deserved to win. Police Utd had a couple of chances but they never looked like scoring.

It was my first visit to the Thammasat Stadium and I thought it was a decent stadium. The problem is that such a large arena is wasted when there are only 2000 fans there. Why not relocate to a smaller stadium? It must be impossible for a team called Police Utd to attract a decent local support. I'm also not a fan of football stadiums with running tracks around them. It reminds me of Eastern European teams back in the 80's. I much prefer going to Muang Thong or Thai Port as you can get close to the action. :)

Relocating is all part and parcel of Thai football so I'm sure they'll be on the move again soon. :) The last time they played in the TPL (2007) they were based in Rachaburi.

The Welsh rarebit Michael Byrne is on the move again and has today moved from Chonburi to the rabbits of Bangkok Glass for a fee believed to be equivalent to 1.5 rai of sticky rice farmland and 2 kilos of mutton.

This is a terrible piece of business by Chonburi. However, I'd like to wish Mike all the best at his new club. He's a great player and a fantastic bloke. :)

Edited by SriRachaShark

There were more Thai Port fans than Police fans tonight! Unbelievable considering that it is a Wednesday night away fixture in Rangsit! A long way for the Klong Toey Army to travel. They are certainly a friendly bunch, no shortage of offers of free beer and what not. Even managed to get a ride in the pick up back to civilization from a friendly fan...

One TPL match today

Army 3-2 TTM

League table

http://www.clubwebsi...league_table.pl

Good result for the Army. That keeps them within touching distance of the pack. Bkk Utd and Sisaket are now in deep deep trouble.

It was very entertaining to watch. Army seem to have got on a roll since the start of the second leg, with three straight wins. I think you may be right about BKK Utd and Sisaket but anyone from 7th place down could conceivably be relegated this season.

Anyone know where I can watch live streams of TPL matches?

Are we allowed to post that kind of information on here?

Anyhow, as you're in BKK (?), you could probably get to at least two matces a weekend without travelling too far. It's not that expensive and much more fun to be at the stadium than squinting at a computer. :)