Kan Win

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks,

Our famous Wild Mushroom Fair is on right now, next to the Stadium. Not mushroom :P for parking on the main road, only on the waste ground behind this Fair, but better than at the Kan Gates in the center of town, where it was for many a year.

Sawadee :wai:

I hear that new Kan magazine will be launched next month, entitled 71000. Anyone got any further info?

Hi 'MHM',

Hope you are enjoing the "Visual Kan" thread. :)

The Title of this Mag is our Postal Code 71000.

Hope it is better than the previous one witch only had one issue I think.

Same as this one at the same time, but only published on line with just a few hard copies to mates.

http://www.pbase.com/win13/comet

One of the most "Must Read" books on Kanchanaburi. From the front to the back page, laugh a minute. :w00t:

Comprehensive and morish, where some reviews of late.

This book details the REAL "Kan" as it should be. No holds barred. "The Empire Strikes Back" so to speak, was yet another comment.

Edited by Kan Win

Jazz Festival

Saturday 16th October 2553 at the Bridge on the River Khwae.

post-62796-030530300 1286953757_thumb.jp

More info at this website

Enjoy

Boycie

Hi 'Boycie',

Thank you for the link and hope the Jazz went well as just before in hissed it down near me 2 klicks away.

No English btw :( on that site.

Their logo reminds me of this back in 2006

large.jpg

and the only photos I got Kan be found below

http://www.pbase.com/win13/visit_kan

Also in the News, sorry fogot to tell you folks is

http://www.kanphotoc...oclub/index.php

Our very own Kan Photo Club, in Thai, but I am a member (Kan Win), not posted much on their as I am not Thai and Kan-not read Thai also, but the photos are not bad. :whistling:

Just a note, the site is a bit slow :P so wait for it.

Kan Win Posted 2010-10-20 20:44

Hi 'Boycie',

Thank you for the link and hope the Jazz went well as just before in hissed it down near me 2 klicks away.

No English btw :( on that site.

It was a dry night but had plenty of free Singha Beer ;) Surprised you weren't there? :D

I try my best with translating from Thai to English and have to get my Thai-Eng dictionary out now and again just to double check :whistling: Then i found that the new web browser Google Chrome has a great translation feature. It detects when a website is in Thai and asks if you would like it translating to English. It's fast too. :blink:

Hope this helps when you come across another all Thai website.

Boycie

• 3 weeks later...

Jazz Festival

Saturday 16th October 2553 at the Bridge on the River Khwae.

post-62796-030530300 1286953757_thumb.jp

More info at this website

Enjoy

Boycie

Any idea of the dates for the Bridge festival this year?

Hi 'MHM' and a big thank you to 'Boycie' for the link above as they have up-dated it with the file below:-

http://www.welovekan...verKwai2010.pdf

Starts 26th November until 7th December 2010, well that is what all the posters say coming to Kan from Bangers & Mash.

Last few years photos on mine Kan be found below:-

http://www.pbase.com/win13/ls_kan

• 4 weeks later...

Myanmar reopens Three Pagodas border crossing at Kanchanaburi to celebrate Thai King's birthday.

KANCHANABURI, Dec 8 - Myanmar has reopened the Three Pagodas border crossing, connecting Thailand's Kanchanaburi and Myanmar's Payathonzu in Kayin State to celebrate the Thai king's 83rd birthday Dec 5 after a two-year closure.

Myanmar closed the border at Three Pagodas pass two years ago, citing internal security reasons despite Thailand's negotiation for border reopening for trade.

The Myanmar authorities said they reopened the border to allow tourists to cross as the fighting between the Myanmar army, and the Democratic Buddhist Karen Army in the area has ended.

Sangkhlaburi district chief Chamrat Kangnoi said the reopening of the border is temporarily open for tourists daily from 6am to 6pm.

Small traders are prepared to reopen their shops at the border market on the Thai side.

The Kanchanaburi governor ordered local Thai authorities to be vigilant regarding contraband goods and illegal workers who may flow into Thailand. (MCOT online news)

http://www.mcot.net/...age/140217.html

Win :wai:

Myanmar reopens Three Pagodas border crossing at Kanchanaburi to celebrate Thai King's birthday.

KANCHANABURI, Dec 8 - Myanmar has reopened the Three Pagodas border crossing, connecting Thailand's Kanchanaburi and Myanmar's Payathonzu in Kayin State to celebrate the Thai king's 83rd birthday Dec 5 after a two-year closure.

Myanmar closed the border at Three Pagodas pass two years ago, citing internal security reasons despite Thailand's negotiation for border reopening for trade.

The Myanmar authorities said they reopened the border to allow tourists to cross as the fighting between the Myanmar army, and the Democratic Buddhist Karen Army in the area has ended.

Sangkhlaburi district chief Chamrat Kangnoi said the reopening of the border is temporarily open for tourists daily from 6am to 6pm.

Small traders are prepared to reopen their shops at the border market on the Thai side.

The Kanchanaburi governor ordered local Thai authorities to be vigilant regarding contraband goods and illegal workers who may flow into Thailand. (MCOT online news)

Thanks for the 3 Pagoda Pass update.

Any reports of successful runs?

Thanks for the 3 Pagoda Pass update.

Any reports of successful runs?

Sorry to say this is NOT a visa run border crossing just a Trading Post crossing cool.gif.

Just a couple of Khms and then back without a stamp in your passport. ph34r.gif

Kanchanaburi Win :wai:

Edited by Kan Win

• 9 months later...

Read the news today of a tragic accident which led to his death, involving ex Muang Kan FC player No3 Tchuem Tsona Rodrigue.

http://www.siamsport...110922_155.html

Rodrigue played for Muang Kan FC in 2009/2010 before moving to Samut Prakan FC, then onto Loei City FC where he was currently playing.

RIP, you left this world way too soon.

Read the news today of a tragic accident which led to his death, involving ex Muang Kan FC player No3 Tchuem Tsona Rodrigue.

http://www.siamsport...110922_155.html

Rodrigue played for Muang Kan FC in 2009/2010 before moving to Samut Prakan FC, then onto Loei City FC where he was currently playing.

RIP, you left this world way too soon.

The attached article is in Thai.

Picture looks gruesome, what happened to him?

My thai reading isn't the best but i think he locked himself out of his room and got a bamboo ladder to climb up onto the balcony.

It had been raining and he slipped and fell head first onto the ground below and died from his injuries.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my wifes Thai friends told her yesterday that Robinson are opening in Kan soon. According to her the site will be on the east end of the bypass. Anyone else heard anything?

I asked the wife's family and they haven't heard anything.

Don't know about Kan, but according to my wife, there's a robinson that's nearing completion not too far from us just off the main route(340) through Suphan, if its true about Kan too then its good to hear that we're not totally forgotten about up in our neck of the woods

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Bus Service from Kanchanaburi to Victory Monument

post-62796-0-77111500-1327303793_thumb.j

Departs hourly from 0510hrs until last bus at 1610hrs.

Located at the 1st Class Bus Corner.

Fare 110Baht.

Thank you 'Boycie' for the info. Wondered what it was doing behind the BIG Blue & White Bus, just next door to the K-Bank at the main traffic lights.

Win wai.gif

Kanchanaburi:-- Authorities in Kanchanaburi and from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department have seized 51 elephants from three elephant camps in Sai Yok district for inspection.

Topic currently running in Thailand news thread.

About time too with all the crap that's going on with them at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my wifes Thai friends told her yesterday that Robinson are opening in Kan soon. According to her the site will be on the east end of the bypass. Anyone else heard anything?

Construction well under way on the by-pass road. Should be complete by about August/Sept.

• 3 weeks later...

Construction well under way on the by-pass road. Should be complete by about August/Sept.

No mention of a Robinson store opening this year in Kanchanaburi, in this news story.

Well, going on the by-pass road back to Bangers & Mash (BKK) there is some very large building going on and up, on the right hand side after the traffic lights (Kan & Suphan) ???????????

Win

Kan Win quote

"Well, going on the by-pass road back to Bangers & Mash (BKK) there is some very large building going on and up, on the right hand side after the traffic lights (Kan & Suphan) ???????????"

Sorry Kan Win

My reply of "No mention of a Robinson store opening this year in Kanchanaburi, in this news story"

was a comment to the previous post of

CockneyGit

"Construction well under way on the by-pass road. Should be complete by about August/Sept."

Not disputing it's going to be a Robinson store, just the opening date. After reading the news story, maybe the store will open in 2013?

Kan Win quote

"Well, going on the by-pass road back to Bangers & Mash (BKK) there is some very large building going on and up, on the right hand side after the traffic lights (Kan & Suphan) ???????????"

Sorry Kan Win

My reply of "No mention of a Robinson store opening this year in Kanchanaburi, in this news story"

was a comment to the previous post of

CockneyGit

"Construction well under way on the by-pass road. Should be complete by about August/Sept."

Not disputing it's going to be a Robinson store, just the opening date. After reading the news story, maybe the store will open in 2013?

(was a comment to the previous post of CockneyGit)

As was mine as well.

Well with the "TIN Structure of the piles and the TIN Roof on top" as I saw last week driving by, lets see what they are building on that "plot of land".

Win from Kan wai.gif

• 7 months later...

HangDongRider

The 3 Pagodas Pass is still closed. No walking over the border permitted.

Bong Ti, the road is all finished on the Thai side, but was told that there's still a few years or work to be completed on the Myanmar side.

Bong Ti, February 2010

post-62796-091071200 1283836879_thumb.jp

Anybody have the latest news about New Border at Bong Ti. Also any expat Khan info, last I heard the Seven Up guy crashed again, don,t know if he had his pistol with him at the time, maybe it fell out again at Ting Tong Tonys like before.