Your Favorite Restaurant 2009

bkkjames

Like the title says, let's all name one restaurant for their fav of the year 2009.

Don't care about price etc or the reasons why so please just list their name. Not interested in if they use US of Thai beef either for that matter :)

I will get us started.

Rossano's

Since you posted in the Western Food in Thailand forum, we assume you want Western restos, right?

French: Le Beaulieu

Italian: La Bottega di Luca

Spanish: Tapas Cafe

American: Don's Cafe (Phuket)

If forced to pick one: Le Beaulieu

Well Sabaijai, if I posted in the Thai food section... anyways, no need to limit it to Western Food unless there is an objection.

So many for so many different categories of food, but I think I'll go with Tacos & Salsa as my favorite since it's a new addition. I've probably eaten there as many times as any other single place.

And this is probably the reason why JFC hasn't decided on 'one' yet, considering he eats out 2-4 times a day apparently. :)

So many for so many different categories of food, but I think I'll go with Tacos & Salsa as my favorite since it's a new addition. I've probably eaten there as many times as any other single place.

Me too. I forgot to list a place for Mexican cuisine.

It's pretty difficult coming up with one restaurant across all Western cuisines. Each of us knows only a cross section in any case. :)

Me too. I forgot to list a place for Mexican cuisine.

It's pretty difficult coming up with one restaurant across all Western cuisines. Each of us knows only a cross section in any case. :)

That's what makes it interesting. Having to pick only one. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I know you'll all hate me for this, but, my #1 favorite restaurant in the WORLD is a chain resto in Thai

Bar B Q Plaza

I love mixing my own sauce, the fresh meats, the fried bacon, the kor moo yang, etc etc mmmmmm I miss it! (I havent had it for like 3 weeks now)

• 3 weeks later...
NY Steakhouse. As every year..

Absolutely. New York Steakhouse in Uttaradit is the best Western restaurant in all of Thailand, of course that's just my opinion. I live in the USA but my wife is from Uttaradit so we visit often. When we go I eat at New York Restaurant almost every day, Klaus has a wide variety of American and German dishes at very reasonable prices.

Buckeye: NY Steakhouse is in the Marriott Hotel in Bangkok. I am sure your Uttaradit restaurant is ok, but surely it comes nowhere close to the BKK one.

My vote goes to "Le Beaulieu". I think the food at Le Normandie in the Mandarin Oriental is at least as good however I prefer the relaxed atmosphere in Le Beaulieu.

de Best.

Soi 23 Ban Chang.

Tacos and Salsa is my favorite place at the moment (still have not tried Los Cabos and La Monita).

Jorge, the owner of Tacos and Salsa, has managed to do something others have not: make good Mexican food in Thailand.

I am gonna go with Santa Fe Steak.

Double tenderloin beef steak with big salad & garlic toast 160 baht.

Side of fries is 50 baht & water 15 baht.

One of the best value for money in Thailand. Black Canyon is very reliable & cheap. You will never get sick eating their food.

oyster bar on naritiwats soi 24... best western seafood in bangkok, and their sister restaurant seafood bar on suk soi 16, if you like oysters from around the world, live maine lobster, king crab dungeness crab, snow crab ect. its not cheap but do you really want to eat cheap seafood... :)

Edited by tb86