Northern Thai Teacher

Puwa

Has anyone studied kam muang in Chiang Mai with a teacher he would recommend? Please describe the teaching style, level of prep and professionalism of teacher, etc. It's long been one of my goals to be able to switch into Northern dialect when the chance arises. Thanks all!

up the road from AUA, at the traffic lights. can't remember the name of the street, but it's the corner of the AUA road and the Wat PraSingh road, I think. right past the traffic lights, on your left, is a tour company, can't remember the name. very vague, isn't it? sorry. the woman who owns the tour shop with her husband teaches kam muang. it's very much tailored to what you're looking for. don't think there are any books. i went to her for a few hours a few years ago, but i already spoke muang and just needed a bit of this and that to get myself to stop mixing the languages. so can't really say if she's good or not. seems to me, the best way to learn muang, if you already speak thai, is to go hang out in a local market for a few days. or a sidewalk whisky stand.