Any News Or Views On Kerryd

Mossfinn

Has not posted since March 2009 , last contact known in the same month.

At the time of that contact was known to be in Afghanistan, a prolific poster and well known character of the area, it is a little discomforting that there has been no contact since March.

Any news, views or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

I heard rumours that he was seen in Pattaya about two months ago.

Kerry, if you are out there, a sign of life would be much appreciated. Some of us are quite worried about your well being.

I've got still the same number. :)

I have deleted one post with regards to his family life

while we are all concerned about Kerry, and want to hear news about him and any news is appreciated

I still ask that people try to respect his privacy and post only relevant information - in this case if you have latest news or seen or heard from him in the last 3 months

alternatively, if you know some of his friends, perhaps sending word out so it may reach back to him that he is being missed.

if you have his personal contact details, please do NOT post them on the forum, but either email or call him to let him know of our concern would be enough.

much appreciated. thanks everyone

Gone deep.

He was no longer taking the Queen's shilling, but working for a contractor, he oft mentioned rocket attacks, but also commented on how ineffective they were, but they only have to get lucky once.

A couple of posters have already scoured the casualty lists, but civilian records are sketchy.

Sorry guys, I got info but couldn't find the thread and have been away - I spoke to one of his riding buddies who said he was fine and apparently was here about 2 months ago and due back in about another 2. If I hear any more will pass the news on.

Hi aussie,

Thanks for that info, if you hear anymore please let us know.

There is always the chance that he just got bored or hacked off with the whole online forum scene. I used to be more active when I was on an offshore assignment but eventually got the feeling that spending hours online, opining and advising a largely faceless and generally thankless lot only made the 'cabin fever' deepen.

Having said that, Kerryd's posts were usually always level-headed, mostly tasteful, never opinionated and seemed to be able to disarm the potential flamethrowers when they popped their heads above the parapet.

Gosh... beginning to sound like a bloody obit!

Edited by NanLaew

Sorry guys, I got info but couldn't find the thread and have been away - I spoke to one of his riding buddies who said he was fine and apparently was here about 2 months ago and due back in about another 2. If I hear any more will pass the news on.

Hi aussie,

Thanks for that info, if you hear anymore please let us know.

I will make sure that the moment I hear anything I will put it on TV!

• 2 weeks later...
There is always the chance that he just got bored or hacked off with the whole online forum scene.

Yes NW, there is always that chance, I have asked one of his close friends whether this is in character.

If you know one of his CLOSE friends then why don't you have the answer to your question?

Four suggestions, some of them obvious, assuming some of you know him well enough to know his full (real) name and who he works for:

1. Contact his family

2. Contact his company and ask them

2. Contact the Candian Embassy/whoever represents Canadian interests in Afghanistan to enquire about their wounded/killed nationals, explaining he is your friend and you are worried about him.

4. Put press ads in the area of Canada he comes from.

Edited by sharecropper

seems the latest from aussiechick is somewhat reassuring news.

and yes we understand that many posters may wish to take a break from their online persona /forums and such after certain time. however in Kerry's case due to his work line we just have some concern and wish to know he is ok.

if he wishes to remain away thats not a problem and we respect that, but just nice to know if all is well. so if anyone can pass on message to him that we are concerned, that would be nice :)

cheers everyone

There is a full list of all the Canadian Casulaties in Afghanistan from 2003 to 2010, listed by year of death on this site:

here

In all 139 Canadian soldiers have died, a diplomat and 2 aid workers.

The aid workers died in 2008, so Kerry couldn't have been one of them.

I suppose it is still possible that something tragic has happened but somehow didn't get included in the lists, but I think that most unlikely.

Something may have happened to him outside Afghanistan.

I hope we find out soon. I never met him, but he did give me some good advice once via Thai Visa and I enjoyed his posts.

Well there has been a Kerryd sighting - apparently he is been busy working at Jenny's Star Bar. He's been literally working his bum off. :) Show him some TV love :D and stop by there. :D

Do Afghanistan mercenaries usually resort to casual bar work in ladyboy establishments during their 'slack' (no pun intended) periods?