Ta-leung :: Tranlation Please..

LivinLOS

This ones not in my dictionary..

One of my buddies with a bit better Thai than me thought it meant 'erogenous zone' or turn on spot but that does not fit with my GF's use of the word..

Playing around with her I first took it to mean 'playful annoyance' like tickling etc but it seems possible to be used in a non physical context.. If I wind her up in some playful way I get 'Honey you Ta-Leung' with a laugh..

So what am I ?? :o

This ones not in my dictionary..

One of my buddies with a bit better Thai than me thought it meant 'erogenous zone' or turn on spot but that does not fit with my GF's use of the word..

Playing around with her I first took it to mean 'playful annoyance' like tickling etc but it seems possible to be used in a non physical context.. If I wind her up in some playful way I get 'Honey you Ta-Leung' with a laugh.. 

So what am I ??  :D

lol... "you perv" :D

ทะลึ่ง

1. (adj) perverted

2. (adj) being an annoying brat

does not mean "erogenous zone" :o

Ok thanks.. Confusion stemmed from her using the word in both contexts..

A loud belch could be Ta leung as could a playful tickle.. Using both the obscene and the saucy connotations.. In her usage of the word it seems only playful and non threatening / insulting (eg the 'dirty prick' version)..

I knew my mates idea that it was a hot spot was way off but can now see how he was being a perv and get the response :o !!

Thanks folks

Gulp! Well, at the risk of incriminating myself, I know a gal who seems very fond of this word. When I asked a coffee barista for a definition she gave me the English: campy

Now I'm wondering, could this also be a definition, or was she being diplomatic to the farang?

Gulp! Well, at the risk of incriminating myself, I know a gal who seems very fond of this word. When I asked a coffee barista for a definition she gave me the English: campy

Now I'm wondering, could this also be a definition, or was she being diplomatic to the farang?

Campy as in "effeminate"; "affected"; "gayish"? If so, no, it cant. She either has not understood what "campy" means, or she told you that meaning to avoid conflict. I am surprised to hear a Thai coffee barrista would know the word campy... unless she lives in the UK, that is.

The basic meaning is definitely "obscene", "impudent", "shameless". But take note of the eyes too - if they light up, the brazenness is still appreciated. :o

Horny doesnt fit entirely with the way my girl uses the word...

From the help here I think slightly crude / rude / saucy fits the gist..

take out slightly and I think you are on the money :o

Agree with Doc, there is nothing "slightly" about this expression. :D

Just face the truth - You are a dirty old man and she wants to let you know (if you are lucky though, she might just happen to be turned on by dirty old men ;-))

Horny doesnt fit entirely with the way my girl uses the word...

From the help here I think slightly crude / rude / saucy fits the gist..

take out slightly and I think you are on the money :o

Agree with Doc, there is nothing "slightly" about this expression. :D

Just face the truth - You are a dirty old man and she wants to let you know (if you are lucky though, she might just happen to be turned on by dirty old men ;-))

Love it Meadish :D

ทะลึ่ง

1. (adj) perverted

believe this is about right ...

Mother speaking to say young child ...Now Now... Dont be naughty...dont be ..TL.. :D

and

Tourist walking along Suk road waving his dingaling about in public....TL. :D

ทะลึ่ง

1. (adj) perverted

believe this is about right ...

Mother speaking to say young child ...Now Now... Dont be naughty...dont be ..TL.. :D

and

Tourist walking along Suk road waving his dingaling about in public....TL. :D

this second example has gone beyond ทะลึ่ง and entered the realm of ลามก