Still Seeking A House To Rent In Korat

buadhai

So far, have had no luck finding a rental in Korat. I'd prefer to be close to the city center. Everything we've seen has been pretty dismal -- vacant, poorly maintained houses for rent. Much prefer a house over an apartment or condo. (Sorry, the Sima Condos are just not my idea of living :o )

I can afford to pay a decent price (8K or so), but I want something immediately livable that won't require extensive renovation.

Any leads please PM me or post here.

TIA

So far, have had no luck finding a rental in Korat. I'd prefer to be close to the city center. Everything we've seen has been pretty dismal -- vacant, poorly maintained houses for rent. Much prefer a house over an apartment or condo. (Sorry, the Sima Condos are just not my idea of living  :o  )

I can afford to pay a decent price (8K or so), but I want something immediately livable that won't require extensive renovation.

Any leads please PM me or post here.

TIA

hi check out KASIKORNBANK.COM plenty to rent in muang nakornratchisima korat

Hi Mike:

Don't know if you're interested in a housing development behind Makro but ....I know that many times there are houses for rent there. I've just called a friend who lives and owns a house there and she will check around to see if anything is available. I'll let you know.

Also, have you stopped at the Pasinee Restaurant yet (Mike's place). He would be a good one to ask or any of the "regulars" who might be around. Some of them rent houses.

I was in Korat this past Monday for the monthly VFW meeting and there again on Wednesday. Not sure when I'll be back that way, but it will be sometime during coming week. I'll try and PM you to give you some advance notice, but sometimes I just do things on a "whim and prayer". :o

(Sorry, the Sima Condos are just not my idea of living :o )

When I stayed at the Sima Cono a year and a half ago the renting price for a studio apartment was 6000 a month plus utility's . I wish you luck finding a Nice house for 8k or so .

When I stayed at the Sima Cono a year and a half ago the renting price for a studio apartment was 6000 a month plus utility's . I wish you luck finding a Nice house for 8k or so .

I know people renting whole houses in Korat for 5 and 6000 Baht. They are not "furnished" though, so one would need to buy furniture. But furniture isn't all that expensive----depending on what you think you want or have to have. :o

Ken - Thanks for the hint about the development by Makro. I may have a drive over there today to see what's available.

We have seen a number houses in the 4K range, but they all look like they've been vacant a while -- overgrown gardens, trashed window screens, decaying wood trim, etc.

And, I would probably prefer unfurnished. As you note, furniture is not that expensive and I'd like my own stuff.

I know people renting whole houses in Korat for 5 and 6000 Baht. They are not "furnished" though, so one would need to buy furniture. But furniture isn't all that expensive----depending on what you think you want or have to have. :o

This is true , actually there are people living in houses for less than that . Not in the middle of town . For that price plan on buying alot more than just furniture .

Pasinee Restaurant is at 428 Suranaree Rd. Next door to the "Pizza Shop". A minute walk from the Sri Pattani (or is it Pattana :o ) Hotel. Short ride (few minutes) from Klang Plaza 2. The other direction, a short ride (few minutes) from the train station. Cheers. :D

Edited by Ken