Woman Impaled On Her Own Bike Following Level Crossing Crash

Rimmer

Late on Saturday Night close to the level crossing in Soi Greenway in Jomtien, rescue services were called in to deal with a serious road accident involving a truck and a motorbike. The motorbike driver, Khun Somwan aged 51 became impaled on her own motorbike following the high speed collision at the level crossing. Despite the gruesome injury, rescue workers remained calm and professional and after 20 minutes, the woman was able to be transported from the crash scene. She had sustained a major injury to the top of her left leg but was thankfully still alive. Police investigators determined that the truck side-swiped the motorbike and the force of the collision led to the horrific injury sustained to the victim. The truck left the scene of the crash and was later found in a constructor’s campsite approximately 2kms from the scene. No one has yet admitted to driving the truck while the victim recovers in Hospital where Doctors say she may have to have her entire left leg amputated up to the hip bone.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

28 Dec 2009

My prays are with her.. I remember once seeing a middle aged African American lady on the 10 freeway outside of West Covina lose both legs at the shin on the scene.. I had to help move both parts of her legs from the out of the traffic lane as other drivers sped by.. no one got out to help me as I was first on the scene.. it was gruesome for sure.. so my heart really goes out to this lady..

I saw this and the really sad part was she was left for dead on the street and it was a good 20 minutes before any police even showed up , while she was laying under her bike with the center kick stand piercing her upper thigh. It then took close to another good 20 minutes for 4 guys ( Medical Technicians in a converted pickup?) to physically pull her and mangled leg off the center stand so she'd fit into a waiting ambulance.

Guess there a few pluses about modern western societies.