Vientiane Restaurant

Tom Kagai

One of my favourite eating places, the Vientiane on 2nd road, seems to have been flattened! Anyone know whether they've just moved or did they close down for good?

Any other recommendations for good Chinese/Thai food in central Pattaya would be appreciated, as I'm supposed to be taking one of my best friends and his family to the Vientiane in 2 weeks time!

Thanks.

:o

One of my favourite eating places, the Vientiane on 2nd road, seems to have been flattened! Anyone know whether they've just moved or did they close down for good?

Any other recommendations for good Chinese/Thai food in central Pattaya would be appreciated, as I'm supposed to be taking one of my best friends and his family to the Vientiane in 2 weeks time!

Thanks.

:o

I believe that they have moved and that there are now two Vientiane restaurants - one in Walking Street, somewhere near Nuang Nual, and one on Pattaya Nua. but not sure where. There is some more info somewhere on this forum on this topic - do a search.

Ate at the new Vientiane on Walking street about 2 weeks ago, same menu (still has 2nd Rd address on the cover). Also prices seemed to be the same and food was great. Head down Walking Street, little bit past Tony's Club on the right. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Ate at  the new Vientiane on Walking street about 2 weeks ago, same menu (still has 2nd Rd address on the cover). Also prices seemed to be the same and food was great. Head down Walking Street, little bit past Tony's Club on the right. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

That's just what I was hoping to hear. Great news!

Thanks. :o:D

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Vietienne restaurant on Pattaya North Road related to the old 2nd Road now Walking Street chain?

Anyone have any first hand eating experience there?

I ate there about 2 months ago (was going to original Vietienne but couldnt get a seat) anyways..................went with the GF and we were the only 2 in there. Its all open air ,no aircon section unlike 2nd road used to have.

To be honest the food was ok but not quite up to 2nd road standards. As to whether the 2 places are connected i've always understood they were but not 100% sure.............the place is definately called Vietienne so who knows.