With Pb Air Gone

MJP

Hi, I think you have the same problem as us with the Loei Airport, not enough business to justify the flights, have to agree a real shame.

I was always staggered how an nice airport like Roi-Et's could possibly sequester enough subsidy to keep the one flight every two days. It must be shut now. You are right, it's no surprise really.

Guess Khon Kaen is the best option now.

Hi, I think you have the same problem as us with the Loei Airport, not enough business to justify the flights, have to agree a real shame.

I was always staggered how an nice airport like Roi-Et's could possibly sequester enough subsidy to keep the one flight every two days. It must be shut now. You are right, it's no surprise really.

With 3 (THREE) flights to Krung Thep every day!

Yes, by Thai Airways

Think it might be time for an enterprising company to start airport hopping with a turboprop aircraft.

All companies are tapping the same routes: anywhere to Bangkok and back!

Why not try other routes?

Why not Pattaya-Khon Kaen-Chiang Mai and back?

One ATR-72, two return flights a day with a stop in KK?

KK-CM at least 6-8 buses a day, KK-Pat 10-12 buses a day.

Edited by hansnl

Yes, by Thai Airways

Think it might be time for an enterprising company to start airport hopping with a turboprop aircraft.

Roi-Et to U-Tapao would be a good one.

Yes, by Thai Airways

Roi-Et to U-Tapao would be a good one.

How about Roi-et-Copenhagen? :) Well maybe in my dreams. And really I wouldn't miss a couple of days in Bangkok everynow and then.

But this will add 1½ hours of driving each way. So now renting of a minivan is a very relevant option compared to time and - as always - to price.

I've flown Roi-et to BKK & back many times in the past, on PB Air. I always wondered why they kept the flight as there were never more than 30 to 35 occupied seats on ANY flight I was ever on. Even the rented Bangkok Air ATR 72's were to big for that route. Maybe a Cessna 172 or at the high end a KingAir would be profitable...4 round trips a day. 5555

Highly doubtful that anyone will ever fly into Roi-et again unless the AOT tells them if they want the profitable routes they have to take a dog or 2.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I've flown Roi-et to BKK & back many times in the past, on PB Air. I always wondered why they kept the flight as there were never more than 30 to 35 occupied seats on ANY flight I was ever on. Even the rented Bangkok Air ATR 72's were to big for that route. Maybe a Cessna 172 or at the high end a KingAir would be profitable...4 round trips a day. 5555

Highly doubtful that anyone will ever fly into Roi-et again unless the AOT tells them if they want the profitable routes they have to take a dog or 2.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Would be handy soon. Back to work and a commute between Roi-Et and Kuwait or worse, Roi-Et and Bermuda . . . that's about 50 hours even with PB Air running.

But yes, I doubt very much that we will see planes again here. The bus firms are doing a roaring trade!

Not terribly sure, but talk has suggested that Nok Air will be picking up the void left by PB Air's demise regarding a number of the late carrier's domestic routes/points. PB Air served an important smaller market where other domestic airlines didn't tread. I guess we will see what manifest in the coming months.....

Not terribly sure, but talk has suggested that Nok Air will be picking up the void left by PB Air's demise regarding a number of the late carrier's domestic routes/points. PB Air served an important smaller market where other domestic airlines didn't tread. I guess we will see what manifest in the coming months.....

Would be super-duper if they did. Buses are fine . . . if the bus has functioning suspension . . . which . . . in most instances, well, just doesn't.

Guess I'm getting old.

• 3 weeks later...

PBAir's demise is a real pain in the arrrrrrrrrs. I fly in and out with monotonous regularity but the loss of the PBAir evening flight means an extra night in BKK and the mid morning flight next day to Khon Kaen where the wife meets me. The only up side is that now we have the excuse to go and stock up on goodies in the new Tops Supermarket.

A Thai friend of mine on the Roi Et City Council tells me they are trying to negotiate with another airline (both Nok & Bangkok Airways were mentioned) but so far without success. Maybe a good idea for a rich and enterprising farang would be to open a daily shuttle Roi Et to Khon Kaen and back using a 6/8 seat light aircraft. It would make a change from losing money trying to run a bar.

Meanwhile it's a one and a half hour drive to KK but at least the road is being improved.

PBAir's demise is a real pain in the arrrrrrrrrs. I fly in and out with monotonous regularity but the loss of the PBAir evening flight means an extra night in BKK and the mid morning flight next day to Khon Kaen where the wife meets me. The only up side is that now we have the excuse to go and stock up on goodies in the new Tops Supermarket.

A Thai friend of mine on the Roi Et City Council tells me they are trying to negotiate with another airline (both Nok & Bangkok Airways were mentioned) but so far without success. Maybe a good idea for a rich and enterprising farang would be to open a daily shuttle Roi Et to Khon Kaen and back using a 6/8 seat light aircraft. It would make a change from losing money trying to run a bar.

Meanwhile it's a one and a half hour drive to KK but at least the road is being improved.

Be aware that if booking Nok Air on the internet, you must fill in EVERY box...if the form is incomplete (?) it will just freeze. Even though I am retired I had to fill in 'business phone number' . Very frustrating . I was using PB for BuriRam-BKK and Nok have taken this route.

I was thinking about this, but came to the conclusion that building a cable car between Roi-Et and BKK would probably be more successful.

I was thinking about this, but came to the conclusion that building a cable car between Roi-Et and BKK would probably be more successful.

:):D :D maybe you could get Hopewell to build it.