R.I.P. Martin Knapp

Yorkie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oy... how sad... he recently sent me a pm about some israeli guy he had met up with, i didnt even know he ever noticed me on the board here... and i had hoped to get to surin to the farang connection to actually see him in person last time we were in korat but travel etc etc... shame. condolences to his family and friends.

ז''ל

(may his memory be blessed)

bina

israel

R.I.P. Martin - Surin will be a quieter place without you.

Very sad news. Martin was an exemplary host, with a special brand of humour. I shall miss seeing his posts on this board. He fought gamely on to the end but I guess the cards were always stacked against him once his diagnosis was known. Gone but not forgotten.

If there were any reasons to visit Surin, Martin and his Farang Connection were top of the list. Will miss his outgoing personality, devotion to customer service and vast knowledge of the area. Those who come later will not know what they missed.

Martin, may you get your reward.

This makes me sad to hear.

Martin will absolutely be missed. Can't think of how it will feel going to FC and not seeing him around.

He was a very nice person always trying to make other people laugh and feel good.

R.I.P Martin.

I was married last March in Surin and specifically hunted out FC for some cold beers. There was about six of us outside FC and (as I now know) Martin made us very welcome. A good time was had.

I'll pay my respects in April when I'm next in Surin. R.I.P.