Where Are All The Wifi Hotspots In Chiang Mai?

Donnyboy

I live around the night market, and I know of only 1 hotspot, thats Starbucks. But its 599 bht per 8 hours! I heard theres Truewifi in the area but im not sure what the price is. Does anyone know what the best rate is for wifi in the CM area?

cheers......

ps its getting difficult running my ADSL cable out across the street to my cafe table!!

• 4 weeks later...
:o Did you know you can wifi free in a Starbucks store for 1 hour if you have a phone connection with DTAC, just ask the Starbucks staff to help log you on their website and log in your phone number and you will get a reply with a pass word via sms then log on and surf away!!

I don't know wifi from Biffy's jiffy whatever, but Buddy's Internet on Huay Kaew Road, opposite Central Kad Kaew, has a sign saying something about wifi or Biffy. Everything Buddy's does is good, and quite reasonably priced. If you're over there (just NW of the NW corner of the moat, if you can get your map pointed correctly), try Buddy's, open until past midnight.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an internet cafe on Huay Kaew (near Chiang Mai University, just before you get to Boat Restaurant, same side of the road) where I WI-FI with my laptop every day. They're VERY cheap (20 baht for 2 hours, pre-pay with a coupon).

Their connection speed varies depending on how many people are there, but download speeds are around about the 20k per second mark. Their closing times vary, but at weekends are often open until gone midnight.

Of course, they're a bit out of the way of the moat area, but 10 baht in a rot daeng saves you getting ripped off by 50 baht/hour in the centre of the city.

:o

Rich