Lopburi

donna

My boss has sent me to Lopburi to see what there is to do that aren't too touristy. Well, that is proving to be a bit of a problem. Taxis are hard to find, aside from the 50 year old tuk tuks from the train station (nothing against old cars, but it's too ###### hot at the moment to be spending the whole day in a tuk tuk). Locals I have spoken to are only able to tell me about the regular sites such as the local khmer ruins, sunflowers, monkeys (of course) and that's about it.

Do any of you guys know of some pretty cool places around Lopburi that aren't too touristy? Something off the beaten track would be nice.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help me with this.

I went to Wat Lai today and it was stunning. I don't know if this is the same place you are talking about or not. There's an old monk there who has been there for 28 years. I think he was dying for a chat, as I couldn't get out of there! Gave me icy cold water (which was much needed), and chatted to me about his life.

A great (albeit VERY hot) day.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Don't forget to visit the bat caves in ban mi and the place where they make the orange fish! Quaint small town attractions that are off the beatened path.

Although i am curious as to why you're boss has made such a request? Exactly what would be considered "not too touristy", which is very subjective?