Bangkok To Sihanoukville. Best Route?

gs4492

Hi.

I would like to know what the best way to get from Bangkok to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

I was informed that i could get a bus to Trat then a boat from Trat to Sihanoukville. However, i also heard that the boat does not run anymore. can someone confirm this please?

Can someone sugguest the quickest and easiest route?

Thanks.

take a bus to aranyaprathet, sakeao parovince.

then cross to poipet, cambodia

take bus from poipet - phnompenh (5 hours)

bus phnompenh - sihanoukville (5 hours)

when you arrive at aranyaprathet, tell them that you want to go to rong klua market. it is located just at the border between thai-cambodia.

rongklea market - aranyaprathet is about 5 km away.

i know there is a bus from suvarnabhumi airport - rongklea market. twice a day. the yellow bus. please check with them about the departuyre time.

once you arrive at the rongklea market, look for twin golden gate tour. (very close to kasikorn bank)(it's the only one there). They can arrange everything for you with reasonable price

or you can arrange everything yourself.

take a bus to aranyaprathet, sakeao parovince.

then cross to poipet, cambodia

take bus from poipet - phnompenh (5 hours)

bus phnompenh - sihanoukville (5 hours)

when you arrive at aranyaprathet, tell them that you want to go to rong klua market. it is located just at the border between thai-cambodia.

rongklea market - aranyaprathet is about 5 km away.

i know there is a bus from suvarnabhumi airport - rongklea market. twice a day. the yellow bus. please check with them about the departuyre time.

once you arrive at the rongklea market, look for twin golden gate tour. (very close to kasikorn bank)(it's the only one there). They can arrange everything for you with reasonable price

or you can arrange everything yourself.

bangkok rongklea/rongklua market is 3 hours trip.

Otherwise going to Trat(5 h.) Border Had Lek (1 h.) pass a night in Koh Kong(8 km.from border)

Day after boat to Sihanouk (4 h.)

There is a regular minibus too,About 5 h.

I heard too that the boat might not work anymore,maybe only in case of rough sea.