7 Schoolboys Arrested Over Gang Rape

webfact

7 schoolboys arrested over gang rape

Seven boys were arrested for gang raping a 13-year-old classmate at a school in Rayong's Muang district on Tuesday.

Wednesday morning police officers had the seventh-graders reenact the crime near the water tanks behind the Wat Petrasukharom School building, the site where one of the suspects lured the victim.

Neighbours told police officers that students from other schools also gathered at the site every evening to smoke. However, nobody dared criticise these kids because their parents were very protective, they said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-01-06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

This is one of the problems with affluence in the Rayong province. The parents can really make things difficult at schools. I taught at a school which had an area behind the classrooms where drug dealing and gambling was prevalent. Admin knew about it and did nothing because they were scared of the parents.

This is one of the problems with affluence in the Rayong province. The parents can really make things difficult at schools. I taught at a school which had an area behind the classrooms where drug dealing and gambling was prevalent. Admin knew about it and did nothing because they were scared of the parents.

And what did you do about it? Nothing - for fear of losing your job? If you chose to turn a blind eye then you are no better than the Admin people you readily criticise. As a parent i cannot understand any adult who can turn a blind eye to kids involved in drug dealing :)

And what did you do about it? Nothing - for fear of losing your job? If you chose to turn a blind eye then you are no better than the Admin people you readily criticise. As a parent i cannot understand any adult who can turn a blind eye to kids involved in drug dealing :)

And exactly how long have you been in Thailand. He would not just lose his job but possible his stay in Thailand or even his life. It's the school admins job to administrate the school NOT the foreign teachers. If they are to scared then there is a reason. possible connected with guns. Its the parents that are supplying the drugs. Its the Thais who should be sorting out their own affairs.

And exactly how long have you been in Thailand. He would not just lose his job but possible his stay in Thailand or even his life. It's the school admins job to administrate the school NOT the foreign teachers. If they are to scared then there is a reason. possible connected with guns. Its the parents that are supplying the drugs. Its the Thais who should be sorting out their own affairs.

If the parents are affluent as suggested in the post and can therefore make things difficult why would they be supplying drugs to kids? Unless you are implying their affluence comes from the profits of said activity? Agree that its the admins job to administrate but that is not happening. Would you also turm a blind eye? What if one of the kids was your own? My point is that as adults we have a moral responsibility to do something in this type of situation. OK, maybe as a foreign teacher it would not be right and potentially dangerous, but another course of action such as bringing it to the attn of the school priniciple or one of the Thai teachers perhaps?

I suggest Mr. NearestTheTee put his own words into action in the form of a personal unarmed crusade against drugs and gambling in his province, because as a parent he should be concerned. :)

Yes i am a concerned parent. I have also seen first hand the damage that drugs can do to young kids. If you had seen the same then maybe you would also be part of the 'crusade' :D

• 3 weeks later...

Why did you not report it to the Police with the names and the evidence. Clean their pockets out, take photos with your phone camera etc. Have a go mate.

• 3 weeks later...

And what did you do about it? Nothing - for fear of losing your job? If you chose to turn a blind eye then you are no better than the Admin people you readily criticise. As a parent i cannot understand any adult who can turn a blind eye to kids involved in drug dealing :D

If the parents are affluent as suggested in the post and can therefore make things difficult why would they be supplying drugs to kids? Unless you are implying their affluence comes from the profits of said activity? Agree that its the admins job to administrate but that is not happening. Would you also turm a blind eye? What if one of the kids was your own? My point is that as adults we have a moral responsibility to do something in this type of situation. OK, maybe as a foreign teacher it would not be right and potentially dangerous, but another course of action such as bringing it to the attn of the school priniciple or one of the Thai teachers perhaps?

Well! What was the outcome from all of this, did anyone do a follow up in the papers or find out what happened to the brats as they were charged by the Police. :)

• 4 weeks later...