What Is Your Favorite Restaurant International Food Nationality In Thailand?

Jingthing

What is your favorite restaurant International food nationality in Thailand?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is the poll where your choose your FAVORITE nationality of international cuisine that is available at restaurants in Thailand.

Some technical comments about the poll --

-- I made many editorial choices in the poll, you may or may not agree with them all. It is what it is

For example,

Greek/Turkish intentionally omitted; I think they are more western

Chinese Thai included, it could be argued that is just a kind of Thai food

I stuck the Arabs and the Israelis together because hummous is hummous and the world would be a better place if Jewish and Arab brothers would mix it up more

I have included some choices with very limited availability. There may be none in your city.

I did not include some national choices with limited availability in Thailand (and I don't know about all of them).

If I did miss some popular international choices available in Thailand, that was an error, my regrets.

An other choice intentionally omitted; if your choice isn't here just don't vote

__

BTW, I voted Indian. That is because I live in Pattaya and I eat Indian more often than the other choices here. However if the decent choices were available in Pattaya, I would have voted Chinese Chinese or Mexican.

Edited by Jingthing

I wish some edible versions of these international cuisines were available in Pattaya. I've had Mexican, Indian, Japanese and Korean. Of those, Mexican is my favorite, although I like Zen a lot.

I also agree the Indian isn't great in Pattaya. However, personally I think the Indian standard is much better than the Mexican standard here. I won't pay money for the Mexican food in Pattaya. I would rather having nothing, and that is a shame because I really love Mexican food. I am really hoping one of the better Bangkok Mexican places opens up here.

Edited by Jingthing

Oops. I forgot Russian.

And Scandinavian.  :)

And Canadian, and Egyptian, and Moroccan and and and...

JK JT, I voted for Dim Sum. Never had Bangledeshi food but apparently according to the results, I should try it.

As explained before Scandanavian is in the WESTERN poll.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3257900

Is there a Canadian restaurant in Thailand? Not aware of one. In any case, mainstream Canadian is similar to mainstream American. If it was included (it was intentionally NOT included) it would be in the the WESTERN poll.

Is there a dedicated Moroccan restaurant in Thailand? I hope so, tell me where?

Egyptian, yes I know there are dedicated Egyptian places. Left that out unintentionally, but please refer to the OP which explains it all. Of course you could choose Arabic/Middle Eastern/Israeli but it is true Egyptian has unique dishes.

--

I did not include some national choices with limited availability in Thailand (and I don't know about all of them).

If I did miss some popular international choices available in Thailand, that was an error, my regrets.

BTW, WOW, so many votes for Bangladeshi! That is very surprising. Perhaps those votes are based on the knowledge that many of the Indian restaurants in Thailand are run by Bangladeshis, is that it?

Edited by Jingthing

Nomad on Sukhumvit Soi 12, plus Crepes & Co on the same Soi does a lot of Moroccan, but probably doesn't count as being dedicated.

I chose Indian, but I would probably chosen Lebanese if it was on the list, another omission... :)

Nomad on Sukhumvit Soi 12, plus Crepes & Co on the same Soi does a lot of Moroccan, but probably doesn't count as being dedicated.

I chose Indian, but I would probably chosen Lebanese if it was on the list, another omission... :)

I didn't know about Nomad. Is it good? Lebanese? Yes I know it has distinctive dishes, but really you could have chosen

Arabic/Middle Eastern/Israeli

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 weeks later...
Where are all the votes? You guys don't like international food?

I just voted. My "secret vote" was Mexican food.

I have not yet tried La Monita and Los Cabos, but from what I have tried (think all of them), the best is Tacos and Salsa in Bangkok.

Maybe some person should start a Mexican food thread so we can talk about it.

I think it would be nice to have a thread devoted to Mexican restaurants in Thailand.

Maybe just restaurant reviews w/ pictures of the foods being served and places.