Phuket To Krabi

ddoff

I'm planning to fly to Phuket airport and to go straight from there to Krabi.

What is the most efficient (both time- and moneywise) way to get there?

As I understand, it is easy to get to Krabi from Phang-Nga, but how to get to Phang-Nga from the airport?

As I understand, it is easy to get to Krabi from Phang-Nga, but how to get to Phang-Nga from the airport?

Depends where your coming from, why not fly direct into Krabi, if thats not an option,sometimes there are mini buses going Phuket airport to Krabi, else go into Phuket Town and get the regular coach from the bus terminal in town,personally I prefer the air-con regular coach ,(about 150bt, 4 hrs) the mini coach drivers have death wishes. :o

Depends where your coming from, why not fly direct into Krabi, if thats not an option,sometimes there are mini buses going Phuket airport to Krabi, else go into Phuket Town and get the regular coach from the bus terminal in town,personally I prefer the air-con regular coach ,(about 150bt, 4 hrs) the mini coach drivers have death wishes. :o

Flights to Phuket are 1300Bt and to Krabi 2600Bt. $33 is not so much of a difference, but if you can get a 50% bargain....

And going to Phuket town adds 40 km in one direction and 40 km back - -does it make sense?

Yes same issue. I am paying for 5 people and 5000 baht return * 5 BKK - Krabi as opposed to 1500 * 5 (airasia) BKK-Phuket. So would like to get 5 people to Krabi after 1 afternoon/night relaxing phuket.

What's the best option again:

air-con regular coach ,(about 150bt, 4 hrs)?

Any Ferries?

Taxi ?

Regards

JOhn

• 4 weeks later...
Yes same issue. I am paying for 5 people and 5000 baht return * 5 BKK - Krabi as opposed to 1500 * 5 (airasia) BKK-Phuket. So would like to get 5 people to Krabi after 1 afternoon/night relaxing phuket.

What's the best option again:

air-con regular coach ,(about 150bt, 4 hrs)?

Any Ferries?

Taxi ?

Regards

JOhn

We were in krabi in Feb 2005. We arrived at Phuket airport and we took a taxi from the airport to Ao Nang. The trip took one and a half hours and cost 2000 baht.

There is no need to reserve the taxi in advance, there are plenty waiting outside the arrivals terminal.