Queen Sirikit Military Hospital Sattahip.

pop3

A Farang mate of mine was treated there for heart problems and he reckons they were great with him although they did not have all the necessary tehnology and had to refer him on.

I've also received minor treatment there under the Thai Social Security scheme with no adverse treatment.

I also know one Farang that was turned away by them though.

I'm not sure if being told to come back on Monday morning at 7am counts as a legitimate turnaway, but they told me they had too many patients and not enough doctors today, having arrived not long before lunch, mind you. I assume they must close their emergency department on weekends too, which seems a rather advanced sort of system.

Thank goodness for antibiotics across the drugstore counter to fix me up again. :)

\

They have an evening clinic everyday....at least during the week. I had to take my husband on more than one occasion. On weekends you would use the emergency dept.......emergency is never closed and has separate check in next to OPD dept.

If you went in just before noon, it's understandalbe why you were turned away, as they use the afternoon to clear out all the patients from the morning.

Beachbunny

Edited by Beachbunny

• 2 years later...

Took my husband (who is Dutch) to the A&E department last night after an accident at home.

We do live in Sattahip and this is the nearest hospital.

We are both obviously Farang but he was treated well and with a good helpful attitude in A&E and admitted to a private room which costs 2,700 THB per night.

It does have a clear sign at the registration desk in A&E that foreigners will be charged 50% more for medical services.

But as my husband was admitted to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya last year (after a motor bike accident) and I know what the prices are there, this hospital is great and a fraction of the price.

The room at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is 20,000 THB per night and I can tell you from first hand experience the difference is not that much between the rooms and the nursing care.

The room at Q, Sirikit maybe older and less salubrious but it certainly has everything and it is clean and comfortable.

I have to say that the charges at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital are extortionate and if you do not have very good health insurance do not think about going there, they will clean you out of every penny you have and more (we are still paying a year later).

Even at 50% more than they charge the Thais it is a fraction of the cost of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and worth going too.

The staff and the doctors have been great so far and try very hard to speak English, they are courteous and pleasant, we certainly have not seen any signs of not being welcome, so perhaps things have changed now they charge more for Farangs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been treated there for the last three weeks for a left eye problem, i can say that the teatment is first class, the doctors does a more through exam, than some of the other hospitals, prices are less than other hospitals (samitivej sriracha, pattaya memorial, bangkok rayong,) in the area for the same treatment, i have had apointments made for 9.30/10am and have left before 11.30, and that includes time to dilate my pupils.

A friend of mine was involved in a traffic acident recently, and he was taken to queen sirikit hospital with a dislocated shoulder and a nasty cut to right eye brow, and was treated well, with a quick service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just went to the hospital with my wife today 26/10/2012 as i had heard good things and that it was cheaper ,asked if i could register there ,the staff were very nice got me to fill out a form and wanted my drivers licence or passport , they then registered me and made a card up with the wrong spelling of my name ,laughter all around and they made up a new one ,after a few minutes i had to go to pay ,took ot 200 baht as i assumed from the sign that was the fee ,girl laughed and said 20 baht ,10 baht for your wife .

if this is the treatment you get from all the staff i will be more than happy to go there and use them .