'honest' Dentist Sought In Bangkok

jedeye

<!--quoteo(post=3274096:date=2010-01-17 18:50:12:name=tutsiwarrior)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tutsiwarrior @ 2010-01-17 18:50:12) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3274096"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->however, I must remark that as we all agree that all dental care in Thailand is significantly less expensive than in the west (even with the most expensive local scenario)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is not true for one simple reason - most people have dental insurance. My after insurance price is lower in the US and this is the case for vast majority of people. US prices are only higher for a small faction of people who are unemployed or uninsured (usually very bottom skill jobs or part time jobs.)

A bit naïve. You haven't accounted for the payments for the dental insurance and, indirectly, the lower salary received owing to the company's contribution to the insurance plan.

When those costs are figured in, only a few people would come out ahead there, perhaps catastrophic cases. Even fewer if you go by Thai government hospital costs.

I might also note that dental care at the best private hospitals may well reflect better caring and environment than you typically get in a Western country.

I used to recommend my dentist by name and hospital because of her honesty, integrity, and skill. I gave up doing that because, for reasons I can' t quite grasp, people prefer references to clinics and hospitals and don't seem to really care about a specific dentist. It's a mystery.

Edited by Danger

Has anyone had experience with Ploenchit Dental on the top floor of the Ploenchit centre, near to the BTS station?

Wife and I have been using them for 7 years or so, husband and wife dentists and I've found them excellent over the years.

So many opposing views and prices to get into here, only to say they are a fraction of prices in Australia.

Asavanant Dental Clinic

1077 Sukhumvit 55 Bangkok 10110 Thailand

Tel. (662)381-8011, 391-1842

Fax.(662)714-1690

Email : [email protected]

Not the cheapest by a long shot, but good treatment, and many of them have some sort of training in the west as well as training in Thailand. Most of the front desk staff as well as most of the dental experts speak English very well aslo.

Dental Implant, Laser Tooth Whitening, Cosmetic Dentistry - Dental Clinic in Bangkok Thailand Asavanant by Excellent Dentist Staff

• 3 months later...

So many different prices , after all This is Thailand .

I think that paying 10 times more for a job just because the privat clinic looks much nicer and have a limo service is not worth it.

I have to go to the dentist now to do some work and have been recommended St Louis Hospital , they have well-educated staff and they offer "normal" prices for us farangs.

Why pay more?