Tot Adsl Pattaya

monty

I just had my first hands on experience with TOT adsl in Pattaya (goldcyber, 1024/256)

Getting the D-link usb modem going was a bit of a hassle, it installs with standard vpi/vci settings and to change them you have to press alt+p to enter the configuration screen...

took me a while to find that one in the manual :o

Once up and running I was very pleasantly surprised, decent ping times and consistent download speeds of over 100kBps indicating an effective line speed of over 800kbps.

I guess 80% of rated speed is better the the 20% True manages in Bangkok :D

This seems to be the case the whole 24 hours of the day...

I'll keep monitoring to see if they have any big "peak time slow downs"....

PS.... The wife had to offer a 1000 Baht bribe when talking to the engineers over the phone to make them show up the next day :D:D

Otherwise our very efficient state enterprice would have taken 4 or more weeks...

Just out of pure morbid curiousity, how much do you pay for that line, and approximately what part of town are you in to get 80%?

I currently pay 2,400 บาท (2,568 บาท adding in VAT) for a 512/256 ADSL line from ISSP which barely manages to get 28kB (224 KB) per second download speed on Phratamnak Hill. The upload speed I get is just as fast, so it seems like I have an SDSL 256/256 line :/

I would much rather have 80% advertized speed than 50%, especially for the money I'm currently paying.

i have been on TOT ADSL in krabi for nearly a year - the first customer apparently...bit patchy at first, then slow, last few months spot on, but the last week really pissing me off....drops out every day and can't connect for hours. toomany people on the network i reckon. but good value for 1000/month for 1mb

• 5 years later...

Hi,

Can you tell how is Tot internet in Pattaya now ?

Do you know where to find the settings for the router ?

Thanks.

I've just signed up with TOT Pattaya for the 2Mb line at 490 baht per month (I wanted the 4Mb line at 590, but apparently I'm too far away from the exchange). It runs pretty constantly at 1.75 Mbps download and around 0.4 Mbps upload. I've certainly noticed the speed increase over my old 512 Kb line. And it's half the price!

If you go to TOT on Central Road, they will give you a card with the router settings. Mine are: VPI=1, VCI=32, PPPOELLC.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Can you tell how is Tot internet in Pattaya now ?

Do you know where to find the settings for the router ?

Thanks.

I've just signed up with TOT Pattaya for the 2Mb line at 490 baht per month (I wanted the 4Mb line at 590, but apparently I'm too far away from the exchange). It runs pretty constantly at 1.75 Mbps download and around 0.4 Mbps upload. I've certainly noticed the speed increase over my old 512 Kb line. And it's half the price!

If you go to TOT on Central Road, they will give you a card with the router settings. Mine are: VPI=1, VCI=32, PPPOELLC.

Hope this helps.

Good to read this !

Please report again if your feeling is changing after few months.

Thanks.

About six weeks back and Much to my surprise TOT ran a brand new ADSL cable up my dried up river bed that we call a road, I signed up with them for their 4MB package and have to say it has been very good so far, We are right out in the wilds of Ban Ampur so to get a connection like this is marvelous. I think TOT have realized this is the future and they are really trying.