Change In True Vision Gold Package

Forethat

A couple of days ago I was notified of a change in the True gold package. Today I came home and realised I have lost more or less every channel that was the orignal reason I signed up for the subscription in the first place.

Is it something wrong with my decoder or am I just subject to an advanced cable-TV scam: get a large number of customers and when the contracts are signed, change the conditions...

what channels did you lose? my gold package has seemed to reorder the channels but I don't notice any missing. Ones I watch anyway.

Most of the sports channels (the old 60-69), for instance. I have one sports channel now (107).

I also lost the movie channels (the old 12-17).

I am fuc_king FURIOUS!!! Someone deserves to get punched in the face. Twice.

you haven't lost anything, just the channels have changed their setting numbers. You need to look in your current True Vision monthly booklet to find the new number settings, we had to cut it out and refer back to it, till we get to know what channel is for what number.

you haven't lost anything, just the channels have changed their setting numbers. You need to look in your current True Vision monthly booklet to find the new number settings, we had to cut it out and refer back to it, till we get to know what channel is for what number.
WOW!!!! it was that much of an important reply you needed to post it three times :) cool I am sure the mods will delete for you soon.

I'll echo what the others have suggested (I have True Gold package as well). But seriously man, an even more important suggestion is to get control over the anger. Maybe this is just exaggerated online venting, but a reaction like this can get you into serious trouble in Thailand.

I'll echo what the others have suggested (I have True Gold package as well). But seriously man, an even more important suggestion is to get control over the anger. Maybe this is just exaggerated online venting, but a reaction like this can get you into serious trouble in Thailand.

Well, thank you! Next time I need some advice on anger management I'll be sure to check on your psychology advice topic on this forum. But this is a discussion regarding TV Channels. <deleted>, keep your advice to tourself, Dr. Frazier Crane, and learn how to focus on the issue.

Movies have moved to the 40's
Hey, the mystery is getting solved - I HAVE the movie channels, It's just that there's something going on with the decoder. I can only get to the channel by manually entering "43", if I go via the TV Guide or browse using the P- and P+ buttons it skips all channels but 41 and 49.

Movies have moved to the 40's
Hey, the mystery is getting solved - I HAVE the movie channels, It's just that there's something going on with the decoder. I can only get to the channel by manually entering "43", if I go via the TV Guide or browse using the P- and P+ buttons it skips all channels but 41 and 49.

You need to reset your favorites so that the up and down buttons open channels which you get.  You probably have them on the channels you used to get.

What bugs me is the haphazard nature of the new channels.  You get a few channels, then a bunch of reserved channels, then  one platinum channel, then a GOld, then two Knowledge, then some reserved, and so on.  I now have channels from 1 to 143, but most of those channels are reserved for future use.  I liked it much better when all the movie channels were in a group, all the sports in one group, all the Discovery/nat Geo-type channels in a gorup, etc.

We got a message in Thai on the screen on Monday evening telling us to go to channel one and then switch off the machine overnight, to be honest it is a mess now, the channels are all over the place and I can not use the programme search function as it all appears to be messed up, I can only scroll for a couple of channels before it seems to mix up all the writing. seems to be another pointless exercise from True but no doubt once the station are stored in my brain it will be easy enough to find them

I agree with that Bonobo. Also it looks like they are still messing about. Yesterday BBC news was on 162 today it's on 163.

it is 93 on my system :)

I went through the setup process and the channels are where they should be now.

Sounds like someone didn't read their Truevisions magazine this month?
You're absolutely right, if I recall correctly I went for a few cold ones with my mates, played a couple of rounds of golf, went to Ko Chang for some scuba and on top of that enjoyed the pleasures of my girlfriend as often as possible. But read the Truevision magazine?? Nope, I missed that one. <deleted>.

:)

It is a real pain but I program my remote to have all the channels I want start from #1 on up. my movies first, then all the science channels, then cnbc etc. and all the music channels together, works well but every-time they change the channels [every 6 months?] I have to program the remote again

Well, thank you! Next time I need some advice on anger management I'll be sure to check on your psychology advice topic on this forum. But this is a discussion regarding TV Channels. <deleted>, keep your advice to tourself, Dr. Frazier Crane, and learn how to focus on the issue.

<deleted>, try using more than 2 buttons on your remote before you pop a vein. :)

<deleted>, try using more than 2 buttons on your remote before you pop a vein. :)

<deleted>, are you a cardio vascular expert as well? Why dont start a new topic and discuss that with alikes?

btw,

On/Off

Channel+

Channel-

that makes 3

Sounds like someone didn't read their Truevisions magazine this month?
You're absolutely right, if I recall correctly I went for a few cold ones with my mates, played a couple of rounds of golf, went to Ko Chang for some scuba and on top of that enjoyed the pleasures of my girlfriend as often as possible. But read the Truevision magazine?? Nope, I missed that one. <deleted>.

:)

Well if you couldn't be bothered finding out the information for yourself you really shouldn't be whinging about it to us that took the time to.

I remember the last time True decided to move things around, a TV member posted instructions on how to renumber the channels to get some sort of logical order. Looking for the old link but can't find it. Anyone care to share their knowledge on how to do this?

^ Don't have the link but I did copy it into Word.

I have the one with the newish rounded light grey remote control.

If you have that then:

1. Click on the button below the red off button

2. Press the number 4 button

3. Press the number 2 button

4. Click on ---NEW---

5. Click the letters for what you want to call the group (e.g. Movies)

6. Press the red button at the bottom of the remote to move across to the list of the channels

7. Scroll up/down through the channels

8. Press on the movie channel to move it into the middle

Repeat 7 and 8 until all your movies are in the middle

Press the Red button at the bottom until you move to the left column again

Repeat 4 through 8 for the next category (Sport, News, etc.)

With the older flat remote (from memory)

1. Press Menu (large button one up from the bottom)

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

(this is a bit quirkier - you can only move the channels up/down)

4. Scroll through the channels until you see the channel you want to be at #1 and stop on it

5. Press the left arrow button to move it up - keep pressing left until it's at position #1

Repeat 4 and 5 for positions 2, 3, etc.

OR

1. Press Menu (large button one up from the bottom)

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

4. Decide where you want the channels to be. Scroll through the channels until you see a channel you want to move, (e.g. BBC is at 55 and you want it at 77), and stop on it.

5. Using the number keys, enter the desired position number, i.e. 77.

The BBC will then be at 77 and whatever was at 77 will now be at 55 - i.e. they get swapped.

I just did that - took about 20 minutes to sort them all out.

(But I reckon bkkmick's method is a dàmn site easier and quicker