Where To Buy Wholesale Fertilizer

tr404

Do any of the experienced farmers out there know where to buy fertilizer at wholesale prices? I was thinking of buying a large quantity here in Bangkok and having it trucked to my girlfriend's family farm in Sisaket. Her family when then distribute it locally. Any one know of reputable wholesale dealers? What about quality of brands.... are there any to avoid?

Thanks in advance, Todd

Its probably not worth doing mate. The mark-up on fertilizer is'nt a lot. You take it a 50 kg bag of 46% nitrogen fertilizer will cost around 600 bhat. They might be making 50 bhat but if you buy it wholesale you will have to buy a lorry load(say 400 bags) so you are looking at spending 220,000 bhat (plus transport) to make 20,000. A lot of farms will want it on tick as well until the harvest comes in.

People up here use mainly chicken manure bought in buy the lorry load.

600 baht for 50kg sounds very high.

I buy 20kg bags of fertilizer (Kii Wua/ Kii Gai) for 30-40 baht each.... Shit isn't really that expensive here in Chiang Mai... :D

Anyway, it may seem like there is more shit in Bkk, but I'll bet it's a whole lot easier to get your hands on, and a whole lot cheaper, around SiSaket :o

600 baht for 50kg sounds very high.

I buy 20kg bags of fertilizer (Kii Wua/ Kii Gai) for 30-40 baht each.... Shit isn't really that expensive here in Chiang Mai... :D

Anyway, it may seem like there is more shit in Bkk, but I'll bet it's a whole lot easier to get your hands on, and a whole lot cheaper, around SiSaket  :o

Its not high thats how much it is (for the nitrogen fetiliser) I'm not guessing here as we buy a lot of it.

Saying that 30-40 bhat for a 20 kg bag of chicken or cow shit is Very expensive. How much do you use I could do you a good deal (you'd have to have a lorry load though) say mabye 25 bhat a bag :D

Bye the way we sell loads of cow shit and buy loads of chicken shit cow shit -selling about 8-10 bhat a bag (20-30 kg) chicken shit we buy by the ton cant remember exactly but it works out the about the same as cow shit. The nitrogen fertiliser we dont put on the land but use in making silage (use about 2 bags a week)

Different shit for growing different stuff (cow is good for trees/fruit/veg) Chicken for maize,sugar cain (more bulk crops)

Check this link for organic fertilizer;

http://organic-fertilizer.gq.nu/index.html

We bought chicken manure for 20 baht per bag. I'd guess the bags were about 30 kg. My girlfriend managed to kill a numer of our young fruit trees even after I warned her to be careful with it. LOL!

Cow manure is quite safe but it contains a lot of weed seeds. This organic stuff costs about 270 baht per 50kg bags. I'd be interested in buying a small quantity of it.

We bought chicken manure for 20 baht per bag. I'd guess the bags were about 30 kg. My girlfriend managed to kill a numer of our young fruit trees even after I warned her to be careful with it. LOL!

Cow manure is quite safe but it contains a lot of weed seeds. This organic stuff costs about 270 baht per 50kg bags. I'd be interested in buying a small quantity of it.

Gary where are you are you talking about cow manure for 270 bhat a bag? As seriously I do sell a lot of it prob about a couple of hundred bags a month. Bit more difficult this time of year though as its started to rain here.

Sorry about that. My post is confusing. Cow manure is 10 baht a bag, chicken manure 20 baht a bag and the commercial organic stuff is about 270 baht for a 50 kg bag. By a small quantity I was talking about a couple hundred kilos of the commercial fertilizer.

Gary where are you are you talking about cow manure for 270 bhat a bag? As seriously I do sell a lot of it prob about a couple of hundred bags a month. Bit more difficult this time of year though as its started to rain here.

Seen some dodgy-looking organic fertiliser being sold in villages for around that price i.e. 270-290 baht. Claims to have all the minerals and macronutrients, but fails to say how much NPK exactly on the bags. Would be very wary of this kind of stuff, and reckon in most situations the farmer would be better off buying pig/chicken/duck/cow shit at 10 -20 baht a bag, than anything being sold by smooth-talking Amway type agents as "organic".

600 baht for for urea (46 % N) is pretty normal these days, but is putting a lot of farmers off the chemical fertiliser approach, which means they are more vulnerable to con artists selling so-called "organic fertliser", which could be just a bag of mud with 1 % N for all the farmer knows.

Seen some dodgy-looking organic fertiliser being sold in villages for around that price i.e. 270-290 baht. Claims to have all the minerals and macronutrients, but fails to say how much NPK exactly on the bags. Would be very wary of this kind of stuff, and reckon in most situations the farmer would be better off buying pig/chicken/duck/cow shit at 10 -20 baht a bag, than anything being sold by smooth-talking Amway type agents as "organic".

600 baht for for urea (46 % N) is pretty normal these days, but is putting a lot of farmers off the chemical fertiliser approach, which means they are more vulnerable to con artists selling so-called "organic fertliser", which could be just a bag of mud with 1 % N for all the farmer knows.

Pla... whats NPK? i'm a bit thick today. I dont know anyone who uses "chemical fertiliser" on a large scale as its too expensive we just use the urea for making "fang mak" (silage) I was a bit supprised at how expensive it was but it's worth it (for the silage).

I have only just goten in to the "growing" side of things we are using our own cow shit for the growing (yaa jumbo) big grass but its not that good for crops as has been stated it gives loads of weeds.

RandomChances, NPK are the three numbers on the fertilizer bags. Urea is 46-0-0 if I remember correctly. This means 46% nitrogen, 0% phosphorous, and 0% potasium. Yes indeed, believe it or not K stands for potasium! Also my wife puts the 46-0-0 on her rice paddy and says she pays about 560 baht for 50 kilos.

Chownah