Laundromats`in Ban Chang?

SeanMoran

Time to do some laundry tomorrow or Saturday, so I just went for a wander on the Honda up and down the main street between the two sets of traffic lights in the centre of Ban Chang, and down a couple of sois, looking for a shopfront housing three or four of the usual 20 baht coin operated washing machines.

No luck, apart from a trio outside the 108 store inside a cage beside the wall, and as much as a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do when a man's gotta do it, those ones were covered in remnant detergent peel and bird <deleted>, and if I could find a nicer, cleaner sort of place, preferably with a table of some sort to fold the clean wet laundry before returning to the hotel to hang it out to dry, it might make next week a little more presentable as well as less prone to skin infections.

If anyone knows of a decent sort of laundrymat somewhere around the CBD then I would be most grateful if you might point me in the general direction from Sukhumvit Road.

There is a lady at the back of the Ban Chang palace...cut through the car pack at go on the road at the back to the houses. last left turn on the left go down about 25 m, there is a house on the left....second or third house on the Soi which a laundry....no self service but the lady who own the business washes/dries and irons and not expensive

There is a lady at the back of the Ban Chang palace...cut through the car pack at go on the road at the back to the houses. last left turn on the left go down about 25 m, there is a house on the left....second or third house on the Soi which a laundry....no self service but the lady who own the business washes/dries and irons and not expensive

Thanks mate. I appreciate the help, but I just want to do the usual casual tee-shirts and gear, which I do myself every week for 20 baht in the machine and hang out to dry for the day.

Good shirts and trousers that need ironing get the full treatment from the hotel, but I'm quite happy to wash my own socks and undies and casual clothes without imposing on other people.

I might just try the caged bird <deleted> laundry tomorrow, and take a sponge and an extra 20 baht to clean the machine before I use it. As I saw the state of it this afternoon, it would actually be a case of 20 baht to make my clothes dirtier than they came in as if I used the place by the 108 store. :)

Thanks mate. I appreciate the help, but I just want to do the usual casual tee-shirts and gear, which I do myself every week for 20 baht in the machine and hang out to dry for the day.

Good shirts and trousers that need ironing get the full treatment from the hotel, but I'm quite happy to wash my own socks and undies and casual clothes without imposing on other people.

I might just try the caged bird <deleted> laundry tomorrow, and take a sponge and an extra 20 baht to clean the machine before I use it. As I saw the state of it this afternoon, it would actually be a case of 20 baht to make my clothes dirtier than they came in as if I used the place by the 108 store. :)

there's quite a few places where you drop off your washing and collect it the next day ( or even have it picked up)

for example come out of simthavee park turn left and go for about 100m on the right

I think there's a coin slot one a bit further up that same payoon road nearly at the top ( police box junction) where the road gets really narrow, just past the internet shops- not sure but think so

there's quite a few places where you drop off your washing and collect it the next day ( or even have it picked up)

for example come out of simthavee park turn left and go for about 100m on the right

I think there's a coin slot one a bit further up that same payoon road nearly at the top ( police box junction) where the road gets really narrow, just past the internet shops- not sure but think so

Thanks again for the directions, and sorry that I have taken so long to notice your reply. As it so happened yesterday, I arrived at the bird-<deleted> cage yesterday to find it still all locked up, and asked a lady at a street-stall next to it about the possibity of opening the locked mesh door. She pointed up the road around 10 metres and said, "Condo." so thinking that must be where to ask for the key to the lock (or someone to open it) set off to the condo to find four nice clean washing machines under the verandah of the condo; two of them the usual 20 baht coin-operated ones that fit my old Kanary Bay laundry bag fully loaded fairly perfectly, and got the job done in under an hour.

This venue right next door to the birdshite cage machines that I'd seen but hesitated in using, but I'd missed them in the ride around the neighboorhood on the bike on Thursday because of their location under the verandah being the same side as I'd ridden up from that day, so I never even saw the answer right there all along.

Thanks for the suggestions, and if anyone is staying at the Jor Koo hotel and looking for a 20 baht coin operated washing machine, head east from the hotel driveway on Sukhumvit around 20m to the first soi (Tessaban 36 if I recall), before the 108 store that looks about to close down, turn south and the clean machines are on the front verandah of the first block of apartments around 10m past the dirty old caged machines along the side wall of the 108 store.