Surat Thani Airport To Krabi Town

KKvampire

Just to update all, Bus from airport to town and then get bus to krabi (3 hour journey).

Thats when the scam starts. At the bus station on outskirts of Krabi town all the thais get off to get songthaew into town, the falang are told to wait 5 minutes in bus(big mistake) , Six of us are taken to another place some 2 kms away where a group are waiting with the usual selling caper, rooms etc. I make it clear I am not impressed and tell the Bus driver of the company 'Pantip travel. incidentally the only bus that goes on this route. The Thai female who speaks good english doesnt like me being unimpressed. she then tells me and the other first time visitors here( I am a little more familiar with the Thai smile followed by the Cheating) it costs 50 bht to go to krabi town in her Songthaew ,normally 20 bht from bus station.

These scams are not acceptable and The official Thai tourism authority should stop this,, ok its a forlorn hope but this bus company need to be stopped doing this . Panthip Travel based in Surat Thani and Koh Samui

Edited by KKvampire

So you admit that you have been creamed off 60 Cent Euro for a trip into Krabi Town - I am very, very sorry for your plight, must have been unbearable torture and the lasting trauma... sue them!

typical reaction from some on here, maybe you know the company also on Samui and being in Chaweng theywould surely operate a similar scam

Edited by KKvampire

• 1 month later...
So you admit that you have been creamed off 60 Cent Euro for a trip into Krabi Town - I am very, very sorry for your plight, must have been unbearable torture and the lasting trauma... sue them!

typical reaction from some on here, maybe you know the company also on Samui and being in Chaweng theywould surely operate a similar scam

I can sympathise KKvampire. It's not just the money, it's the time and the stress that counts and it's exhausting! You are harried and hustled in these kinds of scams and they do so while keeping you in the dark because they know that the travel exhaustion and disorientation you experience will render you hopelessely easy to rip-off.

If they were making extra money but providing smoother and quicker travel, no-one would feel ripped off. It's the fact that they make it take longer, and be more stressful and uncomfortable than the cheaper standard/public transport that makes it a nasty and distressing experience.

Samuian's sarcasm is short-sighted and uncalled for!

I'm also trying to avoid the herding and hassle on the same route in reverse - getting from Ao Nang to Surat Thani airport - so also would be very glad of any advice on the Govt. bus stations in Krabi and Surat Thani.

Did you manage to get any timing or location info for catching the buses from Ao Nang to Krabi Bus Station and then to Surat Thani Bus Station and Airport (URT), KKvampire?

Edited by damaja

This is something that happens often, all over the country, and is frustrating.

Now, if going anywhere using the bus stations, I just get off the bus and find my own way.

Head for the songteaw with Thai people on it and ask someone inside where it's going and how much they pay. Avoid the agents and ask Joe public.

Krabi to Surat Thani has regular government bus services from the bus station (at talat gao) outside of Krabi town. I think they are on the hour but if you just head there you can ask. I've never been to the airport in Surat but imagine you can get local transport there in a sonteaw.