5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

Looking for anyone interested for some regular 5-a-side football/futsal games at the X-Park on Sathorn Road.

It's a short walk from either Sala Daeng or Chong Nonsi BTS, or either Silom or Lumpini MRT stations.

Place is nice, well kept & managed and has two floodlit futsal courts that are available many evenings at very reasonable rates - around 700 - 1400 bht per court, per hour (depending on time) last time I checked. So, for 10+ people that would be only 70-140 bht each player for an hour of footy - bargain!!!

> google map location: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8&am...017831&z=16

I live nearby, so if I can get 10 people definitely interested I can make a booking and we can see how it goes.

It's great if you've got a good 'first touch', but even if not, anyone welcome!

Hopefully it can be a regular weekly thing to shake off some pounds and have a bit of a laugh at the same time. :)

BTW: I played semi-serious (3-4 times a week) for last 7 years for a team where I lived before - in Phnom Penh - but haven't been since arriving in Bangkok 6 months ago, and am sorely missing letting off some steam kicking a ball around every week!

Not found any teams nearer to where I live - Silom/Sathorn (most seem to be centred down Sukhumvit/Pattana which adds a fair bit of travel difficulties/time/costs etc. especially in evenings).

Add a reply here if interested - plus some idea if friends included - so we can see if there's enough adding up.

Then also PM me contact details and I'll get back to you asap.

Cheers,

Adam.

P.S.: FOR ANY NATIONALITIES! --->

Bienvenue à jouer au football / futsal à Bangkok!

Benvenuti a giocare a calcio / futsal a Bangkok!

Bienvenido a jugar al fútbol / fútsal sala en Bangkok!

Bem-vindo a jogar futebol / futsal em Banguecoque!

Välkommen att spela fotboll / futsal i Bangkok!

Welkom bij voetbal / futsal in Bangkok!

Добро пожаловать играть в футбол / мини-футболу в Бангкоке!

ترحيب للعب كرة القدم / لكرة القدم الخماسية في بانكوك!

ยินดี ต้อนรับ สู่ การ เล่น ฟุตบอล / ฟุต ซอ ล ใน กรุงเทพ!

The more mixed, the better! :D

Edited by damaja

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be up for that. Not sure if i could drag anyone along as yet. Will watch the thread for interest then PM you Damaja, if it's looking on.

I know it's footy related but wonder if this would get more response on the general board? (I hardly ever read this one).

Cheers,

Luang.

I would be up for that. Not sure if i could drag anyone along as yet. Will watch the thread for interest then PM you Damaja, if it's looking on.

I know it's footy related but wonder if this would get more response on the general board? (I hardly ever read this one).

Cheers,

Luang.

You should come here more often then mate. Good to see new opinions and views. And since its football related then its probably best in here. In General it will be on page 2 before you know it.

Cheers,

Luang.

Cheers Luang, have had a few others express interest already by PM and have asked them to copy to posts on the topic here for just that reason - so others can see there's interest accumulating. So far, me & 4 others, with one guy saying maybe he could bring a couple of mates, so it's looking hopeful.

I've copied this topic to 2 other forums/areas on TV actually -"Bangkok" and "Sports, Hobbies & Activities" - guessed it was relevant to all 3, but hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by doing that.

Will keep you posted mate!

----

And would ye fancy a wee kick-aroond too Jockstar? :)

Would be great to come and play... I am Australian so first touch is prob average :-) But i do miss having a good semi serious kick around...

Count me in.. Am available on weekends after midday and weekdays after 7pm

Prob could bring a couple of others as well...

Cheers

J

Sounds like something I've been looking for. I couldn't join a team as work draws me away too frequently, but if its something that doesn't need commitment, then it'd be great...

What times / days are you looking at playing ?

Cool! so 6 so far... keep 'em coming!

I'd suggest weekday evenings after 7pm - possibly start with a Tuesday, then if we want to play twice a week we could make it Tues & Thurs. Or start with a Wednesday, then could go to Mon & Wed.

Basically, it could be 1-3 evenings Sunday to Thursday. But I'll have to see what slots are available at the place (I've been a few times and every time I've been at least one of the two courts has been available) and then ask all who are up for it which slot is preferable.

Then I'd ask everyone to share the cost of pre-paying a block booking for a month, so then we're guaranteed not to fall short and it ensures everyone knows how much it'll be. It's a cheap place, so it would probably only be 400-500 baht each, we would need to 10 people to pay to play 4 times in the month. Double if we book 2 evenings/week.

Any new players coming during that month would put the same contribution into the kitty for playing, and that would then go to the next block booking and so on. So the more players that join in, the cheaper it gets. If/when there's more than 12 players, we can maybe extend to a 2-hour booking and have rolling subs or split into teams so everyone gets a fair share of playing time.

And would ye fancy a wee kick-aroond too Jockstar?

Mate i would loved to if i still lived in Bangers. I played for a few seasons in the Casuals league. But unfortuantely i live in Sydney now. Though i have also torn my cartlage and i'm out for the season here. :)

Sounds like something I've been looking for. I couldn't join a team as work draws me away too frequently, but if its something that doesn't need commitment, then it'd be great...

What times / days are you looking at playing ?

Cool! so 6 so far... keep 'em coming!

I'd suggest weekday evenings after 7pm - possibly start with a Tuesday, then if we want to play twice a week we could make it Tues & Thurs. Or start with a Wednesday, then could go to Mon & Wed.

Basically, it could be 1-3 evenings Sunday to Thursday. But I'll have to see what slots are available at the place (I've been a few times and every time I've been at least one of the two courts has been available) and then ask all who are up for it which slot is preferable.

Then I'd ask everyone to share the cost of pre-paying a block booking for a month, so then we're guaranteed not to fall short and it ensures everyone knows how much it'll be. It's a cheap place, so it would probably only be 400-500 baht each, we would need to 10 people to pay to play 4 times in the month. Double if we book 2 evenings/week.

Any new players coming during that month would put the same contribution into the kitty for playing, and that would then go to the next block booking and so on. So the more players that join in, the cheaper it gets. If/when there's more than 12 players, we can maybe extend to a 2-hour booking and have rolling subs or split into teams so everyone gets a fair share of playing time.

I'd love to have a wheeze around a 5 a-side pitch. Like one of the previous posters I work out of the country at odd intervals, so I can't make any firm commitments to a regular team. But this would be ideal, when I'm in town I'd be up for it. I'll follow the thread for more news.

Cheers!

And if any of you are over 35 then my team is looking for a few players for the Vets league which is a 7 a side tournament played once a month in BKK. PM me for details. I'd love to go for the Futsal but am out of BKK most of the week at present.

And if any of you are over 35 then my team is looking for a few players for the Vets league which is a 7 a side tournament played once a month in BKK. PM me for details. I'd love to go for the Futsal but am out of BKK most of the week at present.

I'd happily play with the Vets - have played several times at the Bangkok Open with my team from Phnom Penh, Bayon Wanderers - but for weekly playing I can't hack getting down to Pattana School or late sukhumvit from Silom. And I can't wait for monthly play - I'm going a bit nuts from not getting a weekly footy fix the last 6! :)

If we get enough over 35s to join in with the monthly then I'm sure we'll be along.

Otherwise, feel free to come and wheeze around a small hard court with us as soon as you can Mr. Toad :D

Ok, excellent!

I think I've got 8 currently interested in playing already:

- Groovetank

- Sure

- JonnyF

- Luang

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Angustan

- bkksteviejai

+ maybe MrToad? & MSingh (not yet in BKK, but soon?)

So it's looking good for a first play this next week - Just need a couple more and we're on!

I went down to X-Park this evening to check how the bookings board looks and the only day that looks busy is Wednesdays, so...

Anyone unable to make any of these days?:

Sunday (5ish)

Monday (7ish)

Tuesday (7ish).

Ok, excellent!

- Groovetank

- Sure

- JonnyF

- Luang

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Angustan

- bkksteviejai

So it's looking good for a first play this next week - Just need a couple more and we're on!

I went down to X-Park this evening to check how the bookings board looks and the only day that looks busy is Wednesdays, so...

Sunday (5ish)

Monday (7ish)

Tuesday (7ish).

All those times are ok for me.. i have a definite extra 1 that will come ( a friend who is staying with me for a couple of weeks) so that would be 9... I prob could drag 1 other along..

Cheers

J

Ok, excellent!

- Groovetank

- Sure

- JonnyF

- Luang

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Angustan

- bkksteviejai

Sunday (5ish)

Monday (7ish)

Tuesday (7ish).

Hi Damaja....I'm in Qatar at the moment working for a couple of weeks, but I'll be back soon. The good thing is when I'm back in LOS I don't work, so generally any day is fine with me. I'll check in on how things are going when I'm back in a couple of weeks. Have fun gentlemen!

S

Ok, so list update for players available for this next week (Sunday @ 5ish?):

- Groovetank + 1 (or 2)

- Sure

- JonnyF

- Luang

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Angustan

- me (damaja)

(+:

- chrisdino (avail. in 2 weeks, from Feb. 1?)

- bkksteviejai (avail. in 2 weeks, from Feb. 1?)

- MSingh (not yet in BKK, but soon?)

- maybe MrToad (?)

Could do with just a couple more for this week then...?

if there is still space..... i'll be up for it...

mike

Definitely space mate!

If we have more than 10 then we just make it into teams, or have rolling subs, and extend the time if we want/can.

I would

but.....

great to see so many new names popping in on the footie forum

have a good one guys

"but..." what?

Sounds like a bit of an excuse without actually being one..!?

You married to another team that you don't wanna two-time? :D

Please keep me in the loop Chaps, very very interested when i'm up that way..

Don't worry Wes, you're on the list still m8 and we'll not run out of spaces I don't think!

Put my name down, and let me know the details, I can bring a + 1 too.

Great! You're on!:

Ok, cool, seems like we've got at least 10+ up for it, so let's strike while the iron's hot!

I'm gonna go try make a booking tomorrow then for Sunday - aiming for 5pm as it's cool by then but you've still got time after playing to eat + drink + whatever u need to do to set ur head straight for Monday!

So, for the list ready for Sunday 24th @ 5pm-ish, I'm hoping the following can come (apart from me obviously - no need to hope for that!):

- Groovetank + 1 (or 2)

- Sure

- JonnyF

- Luang

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Angustan

- beechy

- beejoir (+1)

- me (damaja)

Reply back to this topic with a confirmation if you will.

Note:

- It's a hard-court, so you need rubber-sole trainers/shoes.

-

- I'll go and buy a 5-a-side/futsal ball,

unless anyone's already got one (great if it's a felt-lined one as they don't get trapped under your feet)?

:)

Ok, excellent!

- Groovetank

- Sure

- JonnyF

- Luang

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Angustan

- bkksteviejai

Sunday (5ish)

Monday (7ish)

Tuesday (7ish).

Adam, I can't make any day next week, I'm out of the country from the 22nd to the 29th.

I'll be interested in playing the following week though.