5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

Yup I'm in.... dam_n its a hard court, are there not any of those flashy turf ones in Central Bangkok?

Yes, there are some, but the ones I know of are quite far out in places like Ramkhamaeng, Ladprao, etc etc., with no BTS or MRT nearby, so not easy if you don't live near them.

There's possibly a 'rubber tile' court available at the British Club on Silom 18, but haven't checked it out yet, so best to start with the one i know i can get bookings for at short notice.

Also does everyone need to bring 2 shirts? One Red/Blue ?

Don't worry about colours, we'll manage. Though bringing 2 t-shirts is good (along with a towel) as one will undoubtedly be dripping with sweat by the time you finish and there's no showers at the X-Park as far as i know.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, for this Sunday 24th, here's what I have for the list update:

Confirmed for Sunday 24th:

- me (damaja)

- Angustan

- Beejoir (+1)

- Groovetank + 1 (or +2?)

- Beechy

- Luang

Probably, but not confirmed yet (check your PM inbox):

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Sure

- Neutronium

Not available (till):

- JonnyF (Sun 31st?)

- Chrisdino (Sun 31st?)

- Bkksteviejai (Sun 31st?)

- MSingh (?)

Just need a couple more confirmed players before I make the booking...

Yup I'm in.... dam_n its a hard court, are there not any of those flashy turf ones in Central Bangkok?

Yes, there are some, but the ones I know of are quite far out in places like Ramkhamaeng, Ladprao, etc etc., with no BTS or MRT nearby, so not easy if you don't live near them.

There's possibly a 'rubber tile' court available at the British Club on Silom 18, but haven't checked it out yet, so best to start with the one i know i can get bookings for at short notice.

Also does everyone need to bring 2 shirts? One Red/Blue ?

Don't worry about colours, we'll manage. Though bringing 2 t-shirts is good (along with a towel) as one will undoubtedly be dripping with sweat by the time you finish and there's no showers at the X-Park as far as i know.

there's also the nddor artificial turf pitches at Thonglor (next to Funky Villa) but i would think they would cost alot more and not very accessible if u don't drive

Ok, updated list for this Sunday 24th (Emanuel confirmed, but Richard unavailable):

Confirmed for Sunday 24th:

- me (damaja)

- Angustan

- Beejoir (+1)

- Beechy

- Luang

- EmanuelSWE

Probably, but not confirmed yet (check your PM inbox):

- Sure

- Neutronium

Not available (till):

- JonnyF (Sun 31st?)

- Chrisdino (Sun 31st?)

- Bkksteviejai (Sun 31st?)

- Richard_smith237 (Sun 14th Feb?)

- MSingh (?)

I'll go ahead and make the booking tomorrow then - hoping that Beejoir & groovetank bring along +1 and +2 or a couple more confirm by Sunday to be sure we have at least 10... pray to the footy spirit? :D

!- I'm not sure about showers & lockers, so I'd assume the place does not have them.

!- I'll confirm the time here tomorrow.

!- I'll try and buy a football tomorrow, but if anyone has one please bring it along too.

!- Don't forget: kit (Shoes+Shorts+Socks+t-shirt); Money (150+ baht); Towel; Water (though a drinks machine is there); Shinguards (if u have); Ball (if u have).

:)

Ok, court is booked!

5pm - 6pm

it costs 600 baht as it's off-peak at 5pm

[then if we wanted to extend it's 1200 bht/hr - 5pm-9pm].

So, it's 60-120 baht each.

Expected for Sunday 24th:

- me (damaja)

- Angustan

- Beejoir (+1)

- Beechy

- Luang

- EmanuelSWE

Maybe, but not sure:

- Sure

- Neutronium

- ChrisMoss

As you can see we've only got 9 definite (just 10 if Groovetank brings +2), so try bring more if u can.

!- I checked on showers & lockers: No lockers unfortunately. -2 basic cold-water showers in the bathrooms.

!- They have futsal balls there, so I didn't buy one, but if anyone has a good ball please bring along too.

!- Don't forget:

kit (Shoes+Shorts+Socks+t-shirt);

Money (150+ baht);

Towel;

Water (though a drinks machine is there);

Shinguards (if u have); Ball (if u have).

Check your PM inbox for my mobile no. etc.

See u Sunday!

Adam.

As you can see we've only got 9 definite (just 10 if Groovetank brings +2), so try bring more if u can.

!- I checked on showers & lockers: No lockers unfortunately. -2 basic cold-water showers in the bathrooms.

!- They have futsal balls there, so I didn't buy one, but if anyone has a good ball please bring along too.

!- Don't forget:

kit (Shoes+Shorts+Socks+t-shirt);

Money (150+ baht);

Towel;

Water (though a drinks machine is there);

Shinguards (if u have); Ball (if u have).

Check your PM inbox for my mobile no. etc.

See u Sunday!

Adam.

Good work on the organising Adam!

I'll look forward to a kickabout in a couple of weeks.......

It happened!

We had a good friendly game today so great going guys!

We had exactly 10 turn up and though it wasn't quite 'exhibition' football (especially with unfit gits like me with wobbly legs after 10 mins and fluffing passes here there and everywhere), but it was good and even enough for an enjoyable game and a good run around.

So, perfect start and big thanks to all that came - hoping to see you all next week, same time.

To the others waiting in the wings:

We'll still have no probs fitting everyone in who wants to play, i reckon, so come along to the next one:

Sunday 31st Jan.

5pm - 6pm

For all: If you're sure to make it next Sunday, can u please post a reply on this thread and then send me a PM with your email address, mobile and name and I'll add you to the list (if u haven't already). We'll consider adding a week day game after the next one i think, if we can get enough confirmed.

Cheers and have a great week (even if like me you'll be nursing some sore calves).

It happened!

We had a good friendly game today so great going guys!

We had exactly 10 turn up and though it wasn't quite 'exhibition' football (especially with unfit gits like me with wobbly legs after 10 mins and fluffing passes here there and everywhere), but it was good and even enough for an enjoyable game and a good run around.

So, perfect start and big thanks to all that came - hoping to see you all next week, same time.

To the others waiting in the wings:

We'll still have no probs fitting everyone in who wants to play, i reckon, so come along to the next one:

Sunday 31st Jan.

5pm - 6pm

For all: If you're sure to make it next Sunday, can u please post a reply on this thread and then send me a PM with your email address, mobile and name and I'll add you to the list (if u haven't already). We'll consider adding a week day game after the next one i think, if we can get enough confirmed.

Cheers and have a great week (even if like me you'll be nursing some sore calves).

Tomorrow will probably be worse. :D

i'm definitely up for next week as well.... that was lots of fun. Thanks for setting up everything adam.

Just sitting in my chair in office all day every movement is painful.... even dread going to the loo.... yesterday after the game was worse.... the wife thought she needed to call the hospital

Just sitting in my chair in office all day every movement is painful.... even dread going to the loo.... yesterday after the game was worse.... the wife thought she needed to call the hospital

there's some comfort in knowing that i'm not alone in feeling like i have a major muscle & ligament hangover!

my gf's away at the moment, but i've wondered myself a couple of times today if i might need a medical checkup and i'm sure if she were here she'd be sending me to the hospital too!

that's what happens when the mind is willing but the body thinks otherwise... your mind keeps telling your body to do all this silly stunts on the court.... :) without taking into consideration if the body can take it haha..

I'm sure it will get better in weeks to come and once we have more people, think we should stretch the session to 2 hours instead of 1.... there the mind is talking without the body again.....

I would definitely love to play though I think the majority of ya'll are probably a fair bit younger with better knees and many other joints, I have probably more years playing then most of you have in age :) . Right now for me it's more about transportation and free time but hopefully that will change soon and I can make it.. It will take some time for me to regain some fitness though that's for certain and hopefully the effort won't kill me... :D I'd prefer to play with a mix of vets and youth though as any other way is going to be too much running for the older guys even with unlimited subs while that may not be fair to the youngun's and maybe a bit more restrained in my opinion it works out better and there's the problem of a goalkeeper and age is a major deterrent to that position or I'd play it..

So I'm saving this in book marks and hope to join eventually...

I would definitely love to play though I think the majority of ya'll are probably a fair bit younger with better knees and many other joints, I have probably more years playing then most of you have in age :) . Right now for me it's more about transportation and free time but hopefully that will change soon and I can make it.. It will take some time for me to regain some fitness though that's for certain and hopefully the effort won't kill me... :D I'd prefer to play with a mix of vets and youth though as any other way is going to be too much running for the older guys even with unlimited subs while that may not be fair to the youngun's and maybe a bit more restrained in my opinion it works out better and there's the problem of a goalkeeper and age is a major deterrent to that position or I'd play it..

So I'm saving this in book marks and hope to join eventually...

PM mrtoad as he plays in the Vets comp once a month. Thats way you can break yourself in gently.

Be good if everyone could bring one red and one blue shirt or the like, it was a bit confusing having a multi coloured kick around....

Buy some bibs.

Its hot playing as it is, and bibs just add another layer, I'm sure everyones either got a red/white/blue colour Tshirt.

Be good if everyone could bring one red and one blue shirt or the like, it was a bit confusing having a multi coloured kick around....

Buy some bibs.

Its hot playing as it is, and bibs just add another layer, I'm sure everyones either got a red/white/blue colour Tshirt.

Blue is the colour !!!