5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

Be good if everyone could bring one red and one blue shirt or the like, it was a bit confusing having a multi coloured kick around....

Buy some bibs.

Its hot playing as it is, and bibs just add another layer, I'm sure everyones either got a red/white/blue colour Tshirt.

Actually, I think the place might have bibs - I think I saw some hanging on a rack upstairs in the 'office' - so we could try next time if they'll let us use them.

Otherwise, maybe everyone should just bring two t-shirts with them - one light and one dark - then if we can't use their bibs or don't like having 2 layers, we can just split teams according to light or dark shirts (avoiding the whole red-blue allegiances thing too ;P )

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when its the next game? I am 40 and just played a couple of game recently after 15 years.

The arsenal grounds at Suk 21 is quite a hike for me as I live around suksawat.

In BTW I am sloppier than Sol Campbell.

I am good for 31st.

Edited by MegaRanter

Be good if everyone could bring one red and one blue shirt or the like, it was a bit confusing having a multi coloured kick around....

Buy some bibs.

Its hot playing as it is, and bibs just add another layer, I'm sure everyones either got a red/white/blue colour Tshirt.

Actually, I think the place might have bibs - I think I saw some hanging on a rack upstairs in the 'office' - so we could try next time if they'll let us use them.

Otherwise, maybe everyone should just bring two t-shirts with them - one light and one dark - then if we can't use their bibs or don't like having 2 layers, we can just split teams according to light or dark shirts (avoiding the whole red-blue allegiances thing too ;P )

I have one black and one green that i am happy with (and also, they avoid any football related voilence). Also, bibs are ok for me too.

However, if Beejoir insists, them my size, in blue and red, is large, thanks. :)

Luang

when its the next game? I am 40 and just played a couple of game recently after 15 years.

The arsenal grounds at Suk 21 is quite a hike for me as I live around suksawat.

In BTW I am sloppier than Sol Campbell.

I am good for 31st.

It's ok, I'm knocking on the door of 40 myself, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

So you may as well come along on Sunday 31st and see how you feel.

See previous post(s) for location and time etc.

maybe Ill sponsor with Arsenal shirts :D

(if MrToad will wear it then Im happy to sponsor his team of 5 :) )

Miggy my team is already sponsored by The Crossbar and we have to wear Gold and black, which is Wolves and incidentally Cornwall colours. Sadly at the moment I am out of town, but hopefully will be back for the 7th of February for the Vets league. :D

I would definitely love to play though I think the majority of ya'll are probably a fair bit younger with better knees and many other joints, I have probably more years playing then most of you have in age :) . Right now for me it's more about transportation and free time but hopefully that will change soon and I can make it.. It will take some time for me to regain some fitness though that's for certain and hopefully the effort won't kill me... :D I'd prefer to play with a mix of vets and youth though as any other way is going to be too much running for the older guys even with unlimited subs while that may not be fair to the youngun's and maybe a bit more restrained in my opinion it works out better and there's the problem of a goalkeeper and age is a major deterrent to that position or I'd play it..

So I'm saving this in book marks and hope to join eventually...

PM mrtoad as he plays in the Vets comp once a month. Thats way you can break yourself in gently.

Yep. always looking for players.

how many have we got for this weekend?

I'm assuming same as last week, plus a few more - like JonnyF.

Not heard from anyone from last week cancelling as yet.

Will send out a reminder email to all the contacts I have tomorrow.

Hi all,

Check your emails everyone who's given me theirs. Here's the same info for those who haven't yet...

As far as I can tell, the following is the playing/contact list for this week:

Expected for Sunday 31st Jan at 5pm:

- Damaja

- Angustan

- Beechy

- Beejoir (+2)

- Bkksteviejai

- Chrisdino ?

- Groovetank (+1)

- JonnyF

- Luang (+1)

- MegaRanter

- Tamo

Maybe, but not sure:

- ChrisMoss

- EmanuelSWE

- Neutronium

So there should be plenty coming to play, which means I'd recommend you get down there early so we're playing full the whole hour.

As soon as we've got 10, we start playing games. Then if/when there's more than 10 we'll start substituting every time a goal is scored from the side that concedes a goal (until there's 5 or more waiting, which will then mean the whole side changes each time they concede a goal... etc).

If we feel like playing more after 1 hour it shouldn't be a problem to extend, so don't worry too much about playing time.

If you can, please try to bring 2 t-shirts of contrasting colours.

For those that didn't come last week, here's the location info etc.:

We are playing this Sunday, 5pm - 6pm

Court is booked under my name - Adam.

Cost is 600 baht divided by the # that show up.

[it's off-peak at 5pm then if we extend it's 1200 bht/hr - 5pm-9pm].

Location (again, sorry 4 repetition for some):

X-Park ('Sponsor park')

56 South Sathorn Rd.

Bangkok 10120.

> Next to 'Fraser Suites Urbana Sathorn' and opposite Silom Soi 2 (Convent Rd.).

- It's a short walk from either Sala Daeng or Chong Nonsi BTS, or either Silom or Lumpini MRT stations. If you can't find it, call me (+66879829063).

> google map location: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8&am....01987&z=16

> Sponsor Park website with map in Thai for taxi: http://www.sponsor.co.th/sponsorpark/contact.html

Note:

!- Don't forget:

-Kit (rubber-sole sport-Shoes+Shorts+Socks+t-shirt);

-Money (180+ baht);

-Towel;

-Water (though a drinks machine is there - need coins);

-Shinguards (if u have); Ball (if u have).

-No lockers unfortunately. -2 basic cold-water showers in the bathrooms.

-They have futsal balls there, but if anyone has a good ball please bring along.

See you all Sunday hopefully (I'll maybe bring a wheelchair this time just in case!) :D

-Adam.

:)

P.S.: Still in the loop...Interested in future but not yet available (till):

- vid1 (Sun 7th Feb?)

- Richard_smith237 (Sun 28th Feb?)

- Wossnext (?)

- Sure (?)

- MSingh (?)

I've created a new topic with a poll for deciding which would be best day to play a 2nd weekly game, here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-fut...-W-t334720.html

Please only add a vote if you are already subscribed to this topic and are participating, or have replied to me by PM and expect to join in the near future.

Vote for your 1st and 2nd preference for a week day evening on which we should book a 2nd weekly game, then also preferred time.

Please also add a reply there saying it

(e.g.: "1st pref.: monday after 7; 2nd pref.: Thursday after 8")

as well as on the poll.

Cheers,

A.

[btw, I'm doing this on a separate topic because I dunno how to add a poll to the main one ...and I've no idea if it'll work either! :S ]

Hi all,

So, who's up for playing this Sunday again?

Unfortunately, the manager at the X-Park has told me that the last 2 weeks the guy who I made the bookings with made a mistake and should only have charged us 600 baht/hr if we were playing "before 5pm" (and to be fair, it does say this on their leaflet etc.), so we have 2 choices:

1) make the booking 4pm (or maybe it could be 4.30pm - I could try) to keep the first hour at 600 bht/hr.

or

2) keep the booking time at 5pm and pay the peak rate of 1200 bht/hr.

Anyone got a problem with making it 4pm????

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the following is the playing/contact list for this week:

Expected for Sunday 7th Feb at 4pm / 5pm (tbc?):

- Damaja

- Angustan

- Beechy

- Beejoir (+1)

- Bkksteviejai

- Chrisdino

- Groovetank

- JonnyF

- Luang (+ Ron)

- EmanuelSWE

- Neutronium

- Thehabs - Sure

- Tamo

Maybe, but not sure:

- MegaRanter

- ChrisMoss

- Vid1

Edited by damaja

Hi all,

So, who's up for playing this Sunday again?

Unfortunately, the manager at the X-Park has told me that the last 2 weeks the guy who I made the bookings with made a mistake and should only have charged us 600 baht/hr if we were playing "before 5pm" (and to be fair, it does say this on their leaflet etc.), so we have 2 choices:

1) make the booking 4pm (or maybe it could be 4.30pm - I could try) to keep the first hour at 600 bht/hr.

or

2) keep the booking time at 5pm and pay the peak rate of 1200 bht/hr.

Anyone got a problem with making it 4pm????

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the following is the playing/contact list for this week:

Expected for Sunday 7th Feb at 4pm / 5pm (tbc?):

- Damaja

- Angustan

- Beechy

- Beejoir (+1)

- Bkksteviejai

- Chrisdino

- Groovetank

- JonnyF

- Luang (+ Ron)

- EmanuelSWE

- Neutronium

- Thehabs - Sure

- Tamo

Maybe, but not sure:

- MegaRanter

- ChrisMoss

- Vid1

I won't be there unfortunately guys. Last weeks injury was fairly serious as thought- Grade 2 ruptured/torn calf muscle! Still on crutches at the moment and probably out for 5-8 weeks :) Warm up properly guys!

Anyway, regarding times, i would be ok with 4pm in the future.

Have fun all.

I won't be there unfortunately guys. Last weeks injury was fairly serious as thought- Grade 2 ruptured/torn calf muscle! Still on crutches at the moment and probably out for 5-8 weeks :) Warm up properly guys!

Anyway, regarding times, i would be ok with 4pm in the future.

Have fun all.

VERY nasty sounding injury Luang! Hope it's not too painful and that you recover quickly!

Lesson learnt!: Warm-up before and be sure to have good insurance

(especially if, like me, you've pushed well over the hump of 30, when the muscles/cartilage/tendons are a lot less supple and prone to just give in if you don't give them fair warning).

Well, as I've not had anyone say they prefer the cheaper 4pm start this Sunday, and I've neither had confirmations from all potential players,

I'm going to keep the booking at 5pm.

I've had 4 guys that were there last week say they can't come this week (including Luang)

1 new player say he will come this week.

4 confirmations from players from last week that they will come...

I'm hoping 5+ more of the unconfirmed ones will be able to make it as otherwise we'll maybe struggle to have enough.

Anyone reading this topic for the first time, just come on down there and introduce yourself to join in

So, to clarify:

Kick-off at 5pm again this Sunday 7th Feb.

Location: as before - Sponsor Park, Sathorn (see prev. posts for details).

Price will be up to 120 bht each depending on how many come (or up to 240 bht if we play a 2nd hour like last week).

Hope to see you there!

Cheers.

:)

Guys Joshua is thinking of fixing a mid-week game tomorrow night. So far a couple has replied and is up for it. Pls check your e-mail and reply.

Thanks

Oops, missed the emails on this today, sorry.

Well, from what I just saw in my mailbox,

the following guys fancy playing Tuesday (today) evening at 7pm:

-Groovetank

-Thehabs

-AngusTan

-EmanuelSWE

-me [damaja] (maybe)

If 8+ say definite yes today by 5pm, then sure, why not...

but I'd also have to check there's a court available at 7pm.

Or anyone's welcome to call them at the Sponsor (X-)Park if they speak some Thai - 02 670 8008 / 0776 532365

Ok, well it seems like there'd not be enough for a game this evening with only 5 definites.

Sorry Josh et al. Hopefully next week.

For all that are interested in mid week games, if you haven't already, can you please post a reply to the "...which weekday eve?" topic here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...view=getnewpost

That'll make it much easier to see and count exactly who and how many are ready for it.

Cheers, A.

Edited by damaja

Sorry guys, almost forgot to do the 'round-up' for this week...

So, who's coming tomorrow (Sunday 14th Feb. - 5pm) ?

Come on, you know you can sneak in a quick hour of footy before going out for that 'romantic dinner' with the other half... yes?

My gf's away tomorrow, but seriously I'll understand if we've got a few cry-offs for valentine's.

Or would it be better if I make the booking 4-5pm so it finishes earlier?