Mosquito Screens- For Windows & Doors

Michaelaway

I'd like to know where they sell these screens! Homepro only has the gauze and I need the complete ones along with the silver frame. I'm sure there's a standard size sold somewhere since all those iron condo safety doors have 2 of them applied.

I'd like to know where they sell these screens! Homepro only has the gauze and I need the complete ones along with the silver frame. I'm sure there's a standard size sold somewhere since all those iron condo safety doors have 2 of them applied.

I know that screen installers, who install the frames and all, do exist in Pattaya: A while back, when we moved into a Jomtien condo with no screen doors, we inquired with the owner if it'd be possible to have a pair of sliding screen doors installed. He agreed, and about 2 1/2 weeks later a man came and took measurements. Then, about 3 weeks after that, our installers arrived. They did the work in roughly 2 1/2 hours. (5 1/2 weeks of waiting for 2 1/2 hrs work... hmmm.) Cost was so reasonable (I don't think it was >3,000 baht.), the owner decided to go ahead and pay for it himself. Anyway, I now have a call into him to try to find out the screen company's name & number. Until (and along with) his reply... all suggestions, gratefully accepted.

Mosquito screens are made to order at EVERY shop that sells aluminum window frames sets. It should take about one day from the time you place your order or they come out to measure up. Make sure you ask for the steel mesh not the nylon type, not much more expensive but much stronger. Getting them to come out for one window is the difficult part. For starters try the shop at the Sukhumvit end of Theppasit road on the left close to the Lotus/Outlet Mall turn in going toward the beach, They are as good as anywhere.

I met a guy this weekend who's neighbor got Dengue fever here recently. He said it was horrible. He got bit during the day. I am opting for screens for sure.

In our rental apartment, I initially opted not to use the screens, as they do limit airflow a fair amount. After swatting mozzies, and then hearing this story, we use the screens all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Anyone have any ideas of makers, installers, Supplies in around Huay Kwang, Bangkok. I have a motorbike so am willing to travel as well.

I need 2 sliders, & 1 window. I have looked to make my own, however I am unable to find any supplies.

Homepro was a big let down....

Greatly Appreciated...

:)

Oops Posted in wrong Location - Admin please move . Thnx

Edited by Newguy70

:)

UPDATE:

(It gives me great pleasure to recount the following story! You gotta love a tale with a happy ending... 'specially 'round here:)

Driving down Thepprasit Road in Jomtien a few days ago, my TGF saw a sign. We stopped and inquired. The next day, the boss came to our house and took measurements of what we needed. He quoted 4,350 baht for 5 windows and 1 sliding door screen. We agreed after he rounded it off to 4,00 baht.

Two days later he returned with two young guys (who did all the work while he supervised). Not much more than one hour later we had our new, large mesh steel screens in swing-out, removeable frames- super-easy for cleaning (and my TGF is positive we must take the screens with us if we move).

Excellent product, fast, professional installation, reasonable price... we give this company 4 thumbs up and 100% rating for complete satisfaction!

J. Jarean Aluminum

T/ 038 303215

M/ 089 9381590

:D

Edited by Michaelaway

• 9 years later...
  • 5 months later...

After some bad experiences elsewhere, I finally found a reliable shop to make and
deliver window screens! I discovered this shop on a 9-year old post on Thai Visa.
The poster raved about the service and screens he purchased. I'm now a fan, too!

Charoen Aluminium  (name pronounced "ChaLoen")
315/179 Thepprasit Road (Near Soi-17, south side of Thepprasit, next to Krungthai bank)
Mobile: 089-938-1590  

I ordered a pair of window screens and Khun Chaloen said he'd deliver them in at
1pm, in 3-days, He arrived exactly at 1pm (!) and installed the new screens. Done!
**Note: Mr Chaloen speaks Thai, no English. Best take a Thai person with you when visiting his shop.

Below are 2 shops I cannot recommend:  
1-Located on Thepprasit, a few steps from the Outlet Mall, is a glass and window screen shop where I had previously purchased some screens. Months after installation and wanting to clean the screens, I l discovered the installer had over tightened and broken the adjusters and the screens could not be removed for cleaning. I called the English speaking owner many times  over 6-month period, to have a worker come over and fix the problem I indicated I'd pay for any necessary repairs. At each call he said he'd get 'get back to me'...he never did!
Further, as I pass by this shop often when going to Tesco-Lotus on Sukhumvit, I've noticed this shop has hdd a significant turnover and reduction of employees in recent months.  
The screens I ordered from Chaloen replaced the defective ones I had from this shop.

2-While searching for a different screen shop, I encountered one on the north side of Thepprasit near Soi-10. I spoke with the owner ('Supon?), who speks English, and he made an appointment to come over the next day. He never arrived.  Three times I called again and each time he gave me a time he'd visit. Each time he neither arrived nor called to cancel .

image.jpeg.462898ec3b7fb294f4e77b3e14d00cb7.jpeg

Edited by grathiam
  • Like 1