Local Knowledge On Shortcuts

Phil Clark

I know there is a road that links the Sukhumvit Highway to the 331, a bit before Ambassador City heading south from Pattaya.

It may well be signposted, but can anyone give me a landmark for the left turn just in case?

Thanks.

Phil

It's not at all well sign posted.

You know that S-bend on the slight downhill run on Sukhumvit just before the flat straight stretch leading up to the Ambassador... well, on the left hand side on the first turn in the S is the connecting road.

I know there is a road that links the Sukhumvit Highway to the 331, a bit before Ambassador City heading south from Pattaya.

It may well be signposted, but can anyone give me a landmark for the left turn just in case?

Thanks.

Phil

You know that S-bend on the slight downhill run on Sukhumvit just before the flat straight stretch leading up to the Ambassador... well, on the left hand side on the first turn in the S is the connecting road.

Thanks Jai Dee, much appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil

You're welcome. :o

From memory there's a 24 hour convenience store on the corner... usually a few motorcycle taxis and baht busses hanging around.

It's not a road I use often... usually only when I'm returning from playing golf at either Pattaya Country Club or Burapha.

You can also go past Regents School on road to Rayong then take the first left after the Chon Buri -Rayong fork. It's the first road bridge. Carry on along that road and it brings you out about 5km from the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate.

Depending on if you whant to go north or south on 331, If you want to go south to Rayong /Banchang take the second turning the one that goes to Budda mountain and the vin yard, its just been tarted up so no potholes now. :o

Thanks.

Phil

You're welcome. :D

From memory there's a 24 hour convenience store on the corner... usually a few motorcycle taxis and baht busses hanging around.

It's not a road I use often... usually only when I'm returning from playing golf at either Pattaya Country Club or Burapha.

That is quite a coincidence as I only found that road when returning from playing golf at Pattaya Country Club!

It was pure luck really as I thought I would just take the chance to see if there was a way to avoid the Sukhumvit rush hour. Also, the reason I wanted clarification was because I was thinking of going that way to get to Burapha Golf Club!

I believe that Burapha is some way past Pattaya Country Club heading north on the 331. As I live off Thepprasit, I thought I could again avoid the grief of the Sukhumvit highway traffic and perhaps save some time.

How far past Pattaya Country Club is the turn to Burapha and roughly how far from South Pattaya is Burapha using that route?

Apologies for the barrage of questions and thanks again for sharing your knowledge. :o

How far past Pattaya Country Club is the turn to Burapha and roughly how far from South Pattaya is Burapha using that route?

Sorry... I never look at the km count when driving from A to B.

For me, it's all about how quickly I can get there, even if it's a few more km's. :o

The Burapha GC/Laem Chabang GC turnoff is about a 10 minute drive @ 120km/hr past the Pattaya CC on the left. It's probably best to do it in reverse first (ie. from the GC back to Pattaya - via 331 then turn right at the green bus stop on the right about 2-3 km past the highway 36 overpass) so you've got a good feel for the landmarks.

:D