Budget Accommodation On Koh Chang

icequeen

Hi, I am looking for somewhere cheap to stay for about a week during April or May.

We can't pay more than about 800 baht per night but as long as it is clean that is all we are bothered about because we will only be sleeping there. We will be out all day and we have our own transport so it doesn't matter where abouts it is.

I have checked out the website for Siam Hut, which seems ok. Has anyone stayed there or could recommend somewhere better thats in our budget. Many thanks for your help.

You'll find loads of places under 800 baht/night. If you want to be amongst backpaclers on Lonely beach then Siam Hut or the nearby Nature Beach are goods bets.

If you prefer a quieter beachfront hut then Tiger Huts or KP Huts on Klong Prao beach fit the bill. KP Huts is a bit better quality - they have some nice new fan bungalows built amongst the trees right on the beach. Or just off the beach at a small estuary at the southern end of Klong Prao is Blue Lagoon which is a longstanding favourite for people looking for cheap bungalow in a quiet spot at a resort run by a local family.

Also take a look at Cliff Cottage down in Bangbao - basic huts but very quiet, great views and laid back atmosphere.

Try to avoid Songkran and also long weekend holidays and everywhere will be pretty quiet in April / May

You'll find loads of places under 800 baht/night. If you want to be amongst backpaclers on Lonely beach then Siam Hut or the nearby Nature Beach are goods bets.

If you prefer a quieter beachfront hut then Tiger Huts or KP Huts on Klong Prao beach fit the bill. KP Huts is a bit better quality - they have some nice new fan bungalows built amongst the trees right on the beach. Or just off the beach at a small estuary at the southern end of Klong Prao is Blue Lagoon which is a longstanding favourite for people looking for cheap bungalow in a quiet spot at a resort run by a local family.

Also take a look at Cliff Cottage down in Bangbao - basic huts but very quiet, great views and laid back atmosphere.

Try to avoid Songkran and also long weekend holidays and everywhere will be pretty quiet in April / May

Try Jinda resort on White Sand Beach opposite 7/11 as you come down the hill into White Sands Beach.

Great Accom good meals and with the 7/11 opposite open 24 Hrs. The beach is right behind the 7/11 with a walk way beside the 7/11. 500 to 1200 a night different cabins, air con fridge TV etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Koh Chang now. Briefly...

Lonely Beach:

Siam Huts - kinda basic. 540 baht for aircon beachfront, but they're not that clean.

Lonely beach bungalows. 500 baht for aircon, no beachfront but they seem kinda quiet.

Paradise Cottages - 700-1200 fan/aircon. on the beach nice and quiet. however the staff are rude, and forgetful.

Lonely beach has a more youthful crowd....

If you're into fat germans/russians (sorry guys) and more commercialization, package tourists then white sands is it, from my brief visit.

a real steal I found is on a bang bao beach (south), walking in beyond ernie barnes bar, round cement, looking new bunaglows, aircon, tv, nice beds, hot shower 700 baht but was told to bargain so you could probably get them for 600.

motorbikes are about 200 baht day but probably can do a deal weekly.

I'd say check into lonely beach bungalows if you can, then rent a scooter and spend a day looking around.

cheerio.

Edited by ayahuasca

• 2 weeks later...