Wanted: Blackbird 1100

Really if you want a specific machine you need to dig, price seems reasonable too..

Would go and help out if you wanted in any way.

Yea. I've called him two times. Apparently everything is fine and the tabien is real, it had the engine changed at RedBarron with receipt and they changed the engine number in the book as well after. He said the only thing is isnt up to some peoples standards as far as the fairing goes.

But the price is very reasonable. One's I've seen in Bangkok are about the same price but without tabien at that year. Ones with the tabien at that year have been almost 300,000.

The bird is heavy, have you tried one before? The seat height is high, so basically this is for someone who is big and tall guy. And do you like the linked brakes? I saw it in youtube, thought I would like it, after tested it out, it is not me. I can't move the bike while sitting on it, it is heavy, you gotta be around 180cm and with strong legs, then this might be for you.

I'm about 6foot 1 inch, but not strong. BUT My legs are ok because I used to run alot.

I tried one a couple times. It seemed fairly good and not too much heavier then my gsxr 750 K1.

On it I could move it fairly easy without the engine, or while standing beside it, push or pull it down the street just like the gsxr.

The only thing could be if I parked on a soi, front facing the sidewalk, how they are sometimes parked at a market, with a downslope, it could be hard to push it back to drive it away.

When I drove it the braking seemed very comfortable and stable also because of its weight as well it didnt feel at all like it was going to slip or fall. On the gsxr I need to be very careful if breaking heavy as the wheel wants to come out from under.

Some people have said the breaking is phenomenal on it but I have also read, in a comparison article to the hayabusa, that the blackbird didnt have sufficient stopping power.

I need to experiment some more before buying one, as I would on the one I would buy, going faster and doing some power breaking to think about it myself.

Anyone have any experience or friends with experience on the blackbird?

My girlfriend sure liked it and it seat much more than a sports style bike, and I don't like naked ones (CB, XJR). The double exhaust sure looks aggressive as well. :)

Does look good, but Id need to sell the gsxr first. Though lately I've been liking it more. I'll just keep it cool for now and if I dont sell it Ill still love it anyway.

Got to 260 the other day as well. Felt pretty awesome. I'm going to put a quick throttle on it and maybe paint the extra fairing if she doesn't sell.

but that bird does look good at a very reasonable price as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lenny, it seems fit for your height, but you may want to consider Yamaha Fazer 1000cc also, the FZ1 is naked, but fazer is half fairing. It has R1 engine and brakes, prior to 2006 model, the seat is one piece, carburetor engine, and has better low end torque than the 06 and up FI model.

I tried the blackbird, didn't like it, and bought the Fazer, try it out, you can rent one in Pattaya.